We are PickTrace, a fast growing software company that provides workforce and harvest management solutions for large-scale farms. We are building the farm management system of the future. Today we serve some of the largest berry, citrus, and apple growers in the United States and are used by tens of thousands of farm workers each day.
PickTrace is a YCombinator backed company and just raised a large round of financing from an investment firm with a track record of building multi-billion dollar software companies. We recently relocated to Glendale, CA, in the Los Angeles area, and we are looking to hire an experienced Senior Backend Engineer to help us supercharge our growth.
- Become well-versed in the workflow and business needs of PickTrace customers in order to craft an elegant, high-performance user experience
- Serve as a thought partner to CTO in architecting and building scalable solutions across thousands of live mobile connections and millions of data records
- Lead our transition to a multi-tenant AWS infrastructure
- Own and spearhead development of key new features such as:
- GPS and geo-fencing
- Payroll processing engine
- Dynamic in-app communication platform
- Actionable event system
- Biometrics and identity authentication
- Assist in the hiring of an A+ engineering and product team
- Offer guidance and professional development to less tenured engineers
- Help create and implement best practices for dev processes and deployment
- Help build and maintain a PickTrace culture that produces team cohesion, high drive, and excitement within the engineering staff
- You have 3-5 years of experience architecting scalable applications from the ground up and designing long-lived APIs using the following technologies:
- Python and Python web apps, SQL, Java
- AWS - experienced in setting up, architecting and deploying the back-end of AWS servers including load balancing, RDS database, front-facing server
- You are an innovative, big picture thinker but ultra-proficient with technical details
- You have a knack for simplifying, breaking down, and honing in on the core elements of problems to drive towards solutions
- You have strong communication skills and can work effectively with a cross-functional team (including with non-technical colleagues)
If this sounds like you, we would absolutely love to meet you!