We are PickTrace, a fast-growing software company that provides workforce and harvest management solutions for large-scale farms. We are building the farm management system for the future. Today we serve some of the largest berry, citrus, and apple growers in the United States and are used by tens of thousands of farmworkers each day.
PickTrace is a YCombinator backed company and just raised a large round of financing from an investment firm with a track record of building multi-billion dollar software companies. We recently relocated to Glendale, CA, in the Los Angeles area, and we are hiring rapidly engineers to supercharge our growth.
As PickTrace’s Quality Assurance Engineer, you will play a critical role in the high-quality, seamless delivery and deployment of the next generation of product. You will be part of our growing, world-class Engineering team and will ensure client-readiness of both our web and mobile products. We’re looking for someone who can proactively drive forward the QA process and who consistently produces meticulous, high-quality work. We are also excited to work with an individual who is friendly and easy to collaborate with, passionate about their work, and receptive to feedback and professional growth.
- Become well-versed in the workflow and business needs of PickTrace customers in order to create testing for an elegant, high-performance user experience across our:
- web application and UI
- back-end, API, storage, data, etc
- mobile application and UI
- Plan and perform manual testing across various phases of the testing lifecycle
- Develop new tools, technology, and processes for the PickTrace testing team
- Create comprehensive test suites across the PickTrace technology offering
- Execute on test plans to identify bugs and potential issues in PickTrace product
- Document test progress and results and work with other engineers to resolve
- Monitor each phase of the development process to ensure that design and software adhere to PickTrace standards
- Create and implement best practices for QA processes and deployment
- Identify improvements to PickTrace QA function and methodology
- Establish standards and repeatable processes to build PickTrace QA capacity that can scale as product development pace and product suite grow
- Help build and maintain an excited, cohesive engineering organization, including:
- assist in the hiring of an A+ QA team over time
- offer guidance and professional development to less tenured teammates
- nurture a culture of collaboration, drive, and passion
- You have 5+ years of experience in:
- Integration and functional testing
- End-to-end testing
- Data preparation
- Experience in Load and Performance testing is a plus
- You are an innovative, big picture thinker but ultra-proficient with technical details.
- You have a knack for simplifying, breaking down, and honing in on the core elements of problems to drive towards solutions.
- You have strong communication skills and can work effectively with a cross-functional team (including with non-technical colleagues)