We are PickTrace, a fast-growing software start-up that provides workforce and harvest management solutions for large-scale farms. We are building the farm management system of the future. Today, we serve some of the largest berry, citrus, and apple growers in the United States and internationally, and our application is used by tens of thousands of farmworkers each day.
PickTrace is a YCombinator-backed company, and we just raised a Series A round of financing from an investment firm with a track record of building multi-billion dollar software companies. We are based in Glendale, CA, in the Los Angeles area, and we are hiring rapidly engineers to supercharge our growth.
Our software offering is built on a multi-tenant microservices-based platform utilizing dockerized services and Kubernetes within Google Cloud Platform, featuring a ReactJS front-end and a back-end written primarily in Python and Golang. Our mobile application is Android-first, written in Kotlin, with agriculture-specific applications including asynchronous data communication, bluetooth, in-field push notifications.
As PickTrace’s Senior DevOps Engineer, you will be a key hire on a growing Engineering team that is robustly scaling up our platform. We’re looking for someone who consistently produces meticulous, high-quality, client-ready work, and who is thoughtful in both planning and implementation. We are also excited to work with an individual who is friendly and easy to collaborate with, passionate about his/her work, and receptive to feedback and professional growth. This role offers the potential to grow a DevOps team.
- Setting up and supporting infrastructure for a highly scalable and resilient platform, including:
- GCP environment
- SDLC pipelines
- Designing and implementing world-class DevOps processes in collaboration with cross-functional colleagues
- back, front-end, and mobile engineers
- product managers
- technical support and client success
- Helping to build and maintain a PickTrace culture that produces team cohesion, high drive, and excitement within the engineering team
- You have 5+ years of experience with cloud providers, orchestration, and containers.
- Docker and k8s mean a lot to you.
- You have strong knowledge of infrastructure and automation of CI/CD pipelines.
- You can automate everything. Almost.
- You have knowledge of and a passion for current trends and best practices in DevOps, including a deep understanding of performance, latency, and security issues.
- You are an innovative, big picture thinker, but also ultra-proficient with technical details.
- You have a knack for simplifying, breaking down, and honing in on the core elements of problems to drive towards solutions.
- You have strong communication skills and can work effectively with a cross-functional team (including with non-technical colleagues).
At PickTrace, we are a dynamic, warm, and collegial start-up environment. We offer benefits including:
- Competitive salary compensation
- Healthcare benefits
- Flexible time off
- Free parking
- Casual dress
- Build-your-own workstation
If this sounds like your cup of tea, we would absolutely love to meet you!