Mission: As a Technical Writer, you will become an important founding member of the Documentation Team. You will take on the responsibility of working collaboratively with quality engineers, product managers, and usability experts to make PickTrace's software and hardware products easier to use. You will take ownership of key documentation areas, assist the team with documentation updates, and contribute to the maintenance of the PickTrace knowledge base.
Outcomes and Key Results:
- Act as the lead technical writer for the entire PickTrace product, including new features and updates:
- Produce exceptional, high-impact support documentation (in English and in Spanish) that helps drive self-service and efficiency for our end users and internal employees.
- Write easy-to-understand, customer-facing user guides and help articles.
- Work with the Product Manager and internal teams (Product & Engineering, Implementations, and Customer Success) to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and documentation requirements:
- Track and identify documentation areas impacted by UI changes, new product features, and revised procedures
- Participate in continuous audits of existing documentation to ensure optimization of content architecture and accuracy of content.
- Prior experience in technical writing, professional editing, or grant writing (2 years preferred).
- Proven ability to write and communicate effectively in both English and Spanish:
- Superb grammar and spelling.
- Keen eye and attention to detail.
- Excellent proofreading skills.
- Advanced logic and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to organize and simplify large amounts of data and multi-tiered processes.
- Ability to work autonomously on assigned tasks and coordinate multiple ongoing projects.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures.
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS, and Jira. Demonstrated ability to learn new software and technical skills.
Preferred Skills (if you have one of the following skills, this will be significant bonus):
- Experience in a support role or experience in curriculum development.
- Knowledge of agriculture processes (strawberries, blueberries, apples, etc).
- Please submit a writing portfolio:
- 3-5 writing samples, in both English and Spanish.
- Demonstrate the ability to produce efficient and clearly written customer-facing and/or internal documentation.
- Exhibit the candidate's ability to understand and implement content architecture and/or presentation of complex concepts.
- A diverse writing portfolio that includes online content and data visualization is preferred.