WHO WE ARE
We are PickTrace, a fast-growing software start-up that provides workforce and harvest management solutions for large-scale farms. We are building the farm management system of the future. Today, we serve some of the largest berry, citrus, and apple growers in the United States and internationally, and our application is used by tens of thousands of farmworkers each day.
PickTrace is a YCombinator-backed company, and we just raised a Series A round of financing from an investment firm with a track record of building multi-billion dollar software companies. We are based in Glendale, CA, in the Los Angeles area, and we are hiring rapidly engineers to supercharge our growth.
Our software offering is built on a multi-tenant microservices-based platform utilizing dockerized services and Kubernetes within Google Cloud Platform, featuring a ReactJS front-end and a back-end written primarily in Python and Golang. Our mobile application is Android-first, written in Kotlin, with agriculture-specific applications including asynchronous data communication, bluetooth, in-field push notifications.
You could be a key hire in growing an all-star Engineering team? PickTrace is laser-focused on bringing our product to the next level of extreme usability and robust scale. We’re looking for a Senior Front-End Engineer who can consistently produce a scalable, world-class web application. This individual should be thoughtful in both planning and execution.
This role will report directly to our Engineering Manager.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Ensure that end users of the PickTrace web client have an empowering, frictionless experience of users of varying levels of tech-savviness
- Become well-versed in the workflow and business needs of PickTrace customers in order to craft an elegant, high-performance user experience
- Design and build new features to produce clean and operationally sound software
- Analyze and resolve technical and application issues
- Participate and help drive architectural discussions on key decisions in regards to the web development
- Collaborate with back-end engineers, product managers, and other cross-functional colleagues to seamlessly launch new products and iteration on existing features
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Knowledge of and a passion for current trends and best practices in web development
- Deep understanding of performance, latency, and security issues
- Ultra-proficient with technical details
- The ideal candidate will have a knack for simplifying, breaking down, and honing in on the core elements of problems to drive towards solutions
- Strong communication skills and can work effectively with cross-functional teams
WHAT TRAITS ARE IMPORTANT TO US
- Coachability - You are hungry for feedback on how to improve, embrace the feedback, and quickly implement it into your day-to-day operations.
- Curiosity - Our product and industry are ever changing and you have a thirst to seek more knowledge about both on a daily basis.
- Work Ethic - You have a unique ability to prioritize your workload and work efficiently through your focus areas in an effective manner.
- Preparation - You take pride in being detail oriented and well prepared for the work in front of you. The thought of taking on an initiative without a plan gives you reason to pause.
- Adaptability to Change - You are comfortable and flexible to switch your focus rapidly to align with the updated business initiatives.
- Intelligence - You consider yourself a strategic thinker, and push conversations forward with co-workers by offering unique perspectives.
- Passion - We are disrupting the lowest technology adopting vertical in the world with a best in breed enterprise SaaS workforce management platform and exude excitement about the market opportunity in front of us.
- Prior Success - You have a track record of over-achievement, and take pride in ensuring top-level results are achieved in your daily work.
- Competitiveness - You are motivated daily to be the best at what you do. When you are outperformed it pushes you harder to up-level your performance.
- Brevity - You have a unique ability to break down complex topics into concise and meaningful explanations.
If this sounds like you, we would absolutely love to meet you!