We are PickTrace, a fast-growing software company that provides workforce and harvest management solutions for large-scale farms. We are building the farm management system for the future. Today we serve some of the largest berry, citrus, and apple growers in the United States and are used by tens of thousands of farmworkers each day.
PickTrace is a YCombinator backed company and just raised a large round of financing from an investment firm with a track record of building multi-billion dollar software companies. We recently relocated to Glendale, CA, in the Los Angeles area, and we are hiring rapidly engineers to supercharge our growth.
As PickTrace’s Senior Front-end Engineer, you will be a key hire in a growing Engineering team. We are laser-focused on bringing our product to the next level of extreme usability and robust scale. We’re looking for someone who consistently produces meticulous, high-quality, client-ready work, and who is thoughtful in both planning and implementation. We are also excited to work with an individual who is friendly and easy to collaborate with, passionate about his/her work, and receptive to feedback and professional growth.
- Becoming well-versed in the workflow and business needs of PickTrace customers in order to craft an elegant, high-performance user experience.
- Ensuring that end users of the PickTrace web client have an empowering, frictionless experience for users of varying levels of tech-savviness.
- Building new features on a standalone basis with minimal oversight, collaborating with other engineers on your team to produce clean and operationally sound software.
- Designing and implementing a world-class web development process in collaboration with back-end engineers, product managers, and other cross-functional colleagues to seamlessly launch new products and iterate on existing features.
- Helping to build and maintain a PickTrace culture that produces team cohesion, high drive, and excitement within the engineering staff.
- You have knowledge of and a passion for current trends and best practices in web development.
- You have a deep understanding of performance, latency, and security issues.
- You are an innovative, big picture thinker but ultra-proficient with technical details.
- You have a knack for simplifying, breaking down, and honing in on the core elements of problems to drive towards solutions.
- You have strong communication skills and can work effectively with a cross-functional team (including with non-technical colleagues).
If this sounds like you, we would absolutely love to meet you!