We are PickTrace, a fast-growing software start-up that provides workforce and harvest management solutions for large-scale farms. We are building the farm management system of the future. Today, we serve some of the largest berry, citrus, and apple growers in the United States and internationally, and our application is used by tens of thousands of farmworkers each day.
PickTrace is a YCombinator-backed company, and we just raised a Series A round of financing from an investment firm with a track record of building multi-billion dollar software companies. We are based in Glendale, CA, in the Los Angeles area, and we are hiring rapidly engineers to supercharge our growth.
Our software offering is built on a multi-tenant microservices-based platform utilizing dockerized services and Kubernetes within Google Cloud Platform, featuring a ReactJS front-end and a back-end written primarily in Python and Golang. Our mobile application is Android-first, written in Kotlin, with agriculture-specific applications including asynchronous data communication, bluetooth, in-field push notifications.
As PickTrace’s Senior Front-end Engineer, you will be a key hire in a growing Engineering team, with product ownership over the "office user's experience" of our web application. We are laser-focused on bringing our product to the next level of extreme usability and robust scale. We’re looking for someone who consistently produces meticulous, high-quality, client-ready work, and who is thoughtful in both planning and implementation. We are also excited to work with an individual who is friendly and easy to collaborate with, passionate about their work, receptive to feedback, and motivated by professional learning and growth. This role offers the potential to mentor and grow a front-end team.
- Become an expert on the workflow and business needs of PickTrace customers in order to:
- craft an elegant, high-performance user experience
- ensure that end users of the PickTrace web client have an empowering, frictionless experience
- build product for users of varying levels of tech-savviness
- Build new features on a standalone basis with minimal oversight, collaborating with other engineers on your team to produce clean and operationally sound software.
- Design and implement a world-class web development process to seamlessly launch new products and iterate on existing features, in collaboration with:
- back-end engineers and mobile engineers
- product managers
- other cross-functional colleagues
- Help build and maintain an excited, cohesive engineering organization, including:
- assist in the hiring of an A+ engineering and product team
- offer guidance and professional development to less tenured engineers
- nurture a culture of collaboration, drive, and passion
- You have 2+ years of expertise with modern web development technologies, including:
- You have knowledge of and a passion for current trends and best practices in web development.
- You have a deep understanding of performance, latency, and security issues.
- You are an innovative, big picture thinker but ultra-proficient with technical details.
- You have a knack for simplifying, breaking down, and honing in on the core elements of problems to drive towards solutions.
- You have strong communication skills and can work effectively with a cross-functional team (including with non-technical colleagues).
At PickTrace, we are a dynamic, warm, and collegial start-up environment. We offer benefits including:
- Competitive salary compensation
- Healthcare benefits
- Flexible time off
- Free parking
- Casual dress
- Build-your-own workstation
If this sounds like your cup of tea, we would absolutely love to meet you!