We are PickTrace, a fast growing software company that provides workforce and harvest management solutions for large-scale farms. We are building the farm management system of the future. Today we serve some of the largest berry, citrus, and apple growers in the United States and are used by tens of thousands of farm workers each day.
PickTrace is a YCombinator backed company and just raised a large round of financing from an investment firm with a track record of building multi-billion dollar software companies. We recently relocated to Glendale, CA, in the Los Angeles area, and we are growing our Engineering team to help us supercharge our growth.
As PickTrace’s Senior Android Engineer, you will be one of our first hires in Southern California. We need a Senior Android Engineer to drive all development efforts related to our mobile application. We’re looking for someone capable of consistently producing high-quality work, who is outstanding in their follow-through and is not content with partial solutions, and who is thoughtful in both planning and implementation. Most importantly, we’re looking for an individual who is friendly and easy to work with, passionate about his/her work, and receptive to feedback and professional growth.
- Becoming well-versed in the workflow and business needs of PickTrace customers in order to craft an elegant, high-performance user experience
- Ensuring that end users have a frictionless, trust-inducing experience regardless of their context, demographic, connectivity conditions, or device of choice
- Building new features on a standalone basis with minimal oversight, collaborating with other engineers on your team to produce clean and operationally sound software, as well as:
- Developing technical plans and contributing to our architecture as we grow
- Owning the technical bar for the Android app, from enforcing best practices to unit testing to CI and our release process
- Designing and implementing a world-class mobile development process in collaboration with back-end engineers, front-end engineers, product managers, and other cross-functional colleagues to seamlessly launch new products and iterate on existing features
- Helping to build and maintain a PickTrace culture that produces team cohesion, high drive, and excitement within the engineering staff
- You have 3+ years of experience with Android Studio, Java, Gradle and the Android SDK. You’ve published applications in Google Play, and have experience with Android Market & associated distribution processes.
- You have strong UI/UX skills, with an emphasis on UX.
- You have knowledge of and a passion for current trends and best practices in mobile architecture. You have a deep understanding of mobile performance, latency, and security issues.
- You are an innovative, big picture thinker but ultra-proficient with technical details.
- You have a knack for simplifying, breaking down, and honing in on the core elements of problems to drive towards solutions.
- You have strong communication skills and can work effectively with a cross-functional team (including with non-technical colleagues).
If this sounds like you, we would absolutely love to meet you!