We are PickTrace, a fast growing software company that provides workforce and harvest management solutions for large-scale farms. PickTrace is building the farm management system of the future. Today we serve some of the largest berry, citrus, and apple growers in the United States and are used by tens of thousands of farm workers each day. We are a YCombinator backed company and just raised a large round of financing from a long-term oriented investment firm with a terrific track record of building multi-billion dollar software companies.
We are in the process of relocating our headquarters from the Bay Area to Glendale, CA, and we are looking to hire our first talented, diligent Customer Success Manager to help us ensure that we are taking care of our customers. As the first individual in this role, we are particularly interested in candidates who can help us develop systems and processes that will scale over time.
As a PickTrace Customer Success Manager, you are on the front lines of working with our customers and ensuring that they are successful. We seek a Customer Success Manager who is dedicated to making every touchpoint with PickTrace for our customers and their stakeholders extraordinary. We believe in the power of exceptional customer service, and you’ll be out front in making our customers and users feel valued.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for:
- Acting as the account manager for our customers. You will handle the full lifecycle, from onboarding (in conjunction with an implementation manager) to ensuring that customers are getting full use of the product, to ensuring that customers renew year in and year out.
- Ensuring the absolute satisfaction of our customers. This means working to delight customers and going above and beyond. It means hosting appreciation events and sending small gifts to customers to celebrate milestones like birthdays, anniversaries, and the end to a successful harvest. It means acting as a consultant and partner to our customers and sharing best practices. It means never settling until we’ve achieved 100% success. We have a full customer service team that handles front-line interactions, but at the end of the day the Customer Success Manager owns the relationship.
- Advocating on behalf of our customers with data driven insights and feedback. We believe in rigorous data collection (in the form of customer meetings, surveys, business reviews, analysis of software usage, and more), and driving decisions based on this data. You will be the voice of the customer within PickTrace, consistently advocating to make our product and service even better for growers, as backed up by this data.
- Traveling as much as 25% of the time to visit PickTrace’s customers. Our customers are located across California, the Pacific Northwest, and the broader United States. Visits will seek to understand how customers are using PickTrace, to help customers improve processes, and to collect feedback.
- Becoming a product expert who understands our software front to back and understanding how our software fits with customer operations. This will need to translate into building successful training plans and procedures for specific customer use cases.
- Developing, implementing, and documenting processes, procedures, and best practices for customer success. This will include projects such as building standard training plans, developing collateral, and building out or knowledge center with FAQs and onboarding documentation.
You’d be a great fit if the following describes you:
- You are an empathetic, patient listener. You understand that learning a new process and technology takes time. You relate well to others and relate to their challenges. You want to see others succeed and enjoy sharing your knowledge. You are a clear and confident communicator.
- You are technically competent and enjoy solving problems. You understand modern technology and are resourceful. You are calm under pressure and do not shy away from a challenge.
- You love the nitty gritty of operations. You are incredibly organized and can make lists for days. There’s no other option for you but extreme perfectionism and focus on the details. We sweat the small stuff here.
- You’re an execution machine. When you are tasked with a project you complete it with the utmost thought and care. You feel a sense of accomplishment after seeing a project come to fruition and can’t wait to take on the next task with the same level of energy.
- You are comfortable with a fluid environment that lacks clearly defined processes and procedures. You enjoy taking the lead to develop processes yourself and relish bringing order to chaos.