Lightout (YC W18) is a rapidly growing San Francisco based startup with a mission to reimagine Outdoor Media with experiences that let people stay connected with their cities.
Our first product, Smart Screens, are digital displays placed on gig-economy cars (Uber, Lyft, etc.), that allow advertisers to run hyperlocal campaigns and show people relevant information when they need it (emergency alerts, car license plate information during pick-ups, and more).
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an exceptional & entrepreneurial-minded saleperson to drive the growth of our advertiser business. You will be responsible for deeply understanding our customers’ advertising challenges and be in charge of the entire sales cycle - prospecting, contacting, qualifying, and closing deals. As one of our first employees, you will work closely with the founders and have an opportunity to significantly impact sales strategy.
- Become an expert in Lightout’s advertising product and adapt product recommendations quickly to suit client needs.
- Pitching and selling Lightout’s products to prospective clients (companies, agencies, etc.)
- Develop opportunities through outbound campaigns, cold calling, presentations, conference attendance, and in-person meetings.
- Achieve and consistently exceed monthly sales goals.
- Work with the founders to build a world-class advertising platform.
- Extremely self-motivated with can-do attitude.
- 2+ years of account management or sales experience.
- Proven track record of exceeding your quota.
- High-level understanding of the Out-Of-Home Advertising industry.
- Proficient in every aspect of the sales cycle.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Effective presenter to groups of various sizes and and all levels of management.
- Ability to travel if necessary.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Experience and desire to work in an early-stage startup environment.
- Deep understanding of the Out-Of-Home (OOH) advertising market.
- Previous experience selling to marketing agencies and marketing managers.