At Lightout (YC W18), we're building a high-tech outdoor media company by innovating at the intersection of hardware (displays, sensors) and software (new formats, hyperlocal targeting, self-serve purchasing). Our first product is digital displays placed on gig-economy cars (Uber, Lyft, etc.), that let advertisers run hypertargeted campaigns and help drivers increase their income.
As VP of Sales, you'll help shape the culture of Lightout by bringing your management experience, motivational expertise, strong work ethic, and enthusiasm for building something huge from the ground up. The Vice President of Sales will work directly with the founders to create the organizational processes needed to expand Lightout nationally and hit our revenue goals.
- Inspire, support, motivate and empower a team of media sellers to success throughout the Eastern US with a true entrepreneurial spirit.
- Develop and execute a strategic plan for the territory that meet's growth trajectory and create reliable forecasts.
- Leverage an exceptional track record of sourcing, recruiting and hiring new members of the team.
- Collaborate seamlessly across executive team, sales and support.
- Develop new business through regular interactions with clients and proactively seeking new partnership opportunities.
- Lead senior level pitch meetings with a focus on brand direct, highlighting Lightout's unique value proposition through storytelling and data-driven presentations.
- Maximize your relationships with key decision makers, while exhibiting the willingness and ability to develop new relationships that lead to success.
- Develop a strong understanding of the agency/client s business challenges and demonstrate how the Lightout offering can assist them to achieve their Marketing and business objectives.
- Effectively identify trends in the marketplace and draw on prior experience to contribute to company strategy aimed at creating competitive advantage.
- Meet/exceed expectations to identify, qualify, and cold call prospective clients, build a robust pipeline, and close business.
- Effectively report on territory account development and sales progress via Hubspot CRM.
- Consistently meet or exceed individual quarterly sales targets.
- Become an expert in Lightout’s advertising product and adapt product recommendations quickly to suit client needs.
- Pitching and selling Lightout’s products to prospective clients (companies, agencies, etc.).
- Develop opportunities through outbound campaigns, cold calling, presentations, conference attendance, and in-person meetings.
- Achieve and consistently exceed monthly sales goals.
- Work with the founders to build a world-class advertising platform.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher, focus on business preferred but not required.
- 6+ years media sales experience with 3+ years management experience.
- Familiarity with The Challenger Sales approach a plus.
- Self-starting, proactive, high energy and high integrity work habits.
- Expert in strategic media sales and familiarity with Digital OOH industry with relevant network of industry contacts.
- Solid working knowledge of digital media including the ability to understand and effectively sell Lightout's platform.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as great listening skills.
- Goal-oriented personality with a commitment to team success, and a strong work ethic and the ability to communicate best practices internally.
- Detail-oriented, strong organizational skills, and the ability to be entrepreneurial, work independently and operate in an open and fluid environment.
- Experience working in fast-paced, start-up/growth stage companies.
- Proficient in Google Apps, Hubspot, Salesforce, and new sales technologies.