At Lightout (YC W18), we're building a high-tech outdoor media company by innovating at the intersection of hardware (displays, sensors) and software (new formats, hyperlocal targeting, self-serve purchasing). Our first product is digital displays placed on gig-economy cars (Uber, Lyft, etc.), that let advertisers run hypertargeted campaigns and help drivers increase their income.
We are looking for a technically-strong and product driven engineer to join as a foundational member of our small team. As one of our first engineers, you will work on several products and be responsible for building and scaling our entire system. Things you will be working on include:
- Developing the front-end interface for advertisers and agencies.
- Expanding our mobile app used by drivers, mechanic and 3rd parties.
- Designing and developing our API logic to ensure it is scalable and secure.
- Scaling and operating backend services and architecture to support product functionality.
- 3+ years experience building products (you should care about writing clean and scalable code).
- Experience with both front-end and back-end development along with production cloud services (Core parts of our tech include React, React-Native, Python, and AWS).
- A self-starter: you have started something on your own before - a startup, an open-source project, something else.
- Good team player, communicator, and future mentor.