At Lightout (YC W18), we're building a high-tech outdoor media company by innovating at the intersection of hardware (displays, sensors) and software (new formats, hyperlocal targeting, self-serve purchasing). Our first product is digital displays placed on gig-economy cars (Uber, Lyft, etc.), that let advertisers run hypertargeted campaigns and help drivers increase their income.
We are looking for a technically-strong engineer to join as a foundational member of our small team. As one of our first engineers, you will work on core backend service and be responsible for building and scaling our entire system.
- Developing an ad serving system that can rank and filter campaigns in milliseconds.
- Scale analytics services that can process increasing volumes of data in real-time.
- Build models to forecast capacity and manage ad inventory.
- Develop services and database schemas for display management.
- Design and scale architecture to enable new features for web and mobile apps.
- 3+ years experience building scalable services (you should care about writing clean and maintainable code).
- Experience with Microservices, Container and Streaming technologies (bonus if you have experience with geolocation data).
- A self-starter: you have started something on your own before - a startup, an open-source project, something else.
- Good team player, communicator, and future mentor.