Piano is a fast-growing enterprise SaaS company with operations in Amsterdam, London, New York City, Philadelphia and elsewhere globally. We provide enterprise software and strategic services to the world’s leading media companies, including NBC Universal, the Economist, Condé Nast, Techcrunch, Bloomberg, and Hearst. Our software and services enable these companies to create customized digital experiences for users, restrict and sell access to content online, and analyze user behavior in order to drive engagement, loyalty, and revenue.
Piano is looking for a VP, Client Services - UK to lead our London-based Account team. We are looking for a seasoned Account Manager executive, someone with 15+ years work experience to join our Client Services team and help support our clients across the magazine, newspaper and OTT media space.
As VP, Client Services - UK, you will play a key role in cultivating and growing relationships with Piano’s largest clients as well as lead our account management function. You will be responsible for maintaining and growing existing client revenue, ensuring that Piano is considered a strategic partner, and that service levels and client experiences are industry leading. You will be developing strategic relationships, focused around driving their digital success and through your support, ensure your regional teams are properly set up for success with the accounts they directly manage.
This role has the following responsibilities:
Deliver value to a portfolio of media clients by providing day-to-day account management and operational support that retains and grows client accounts:
- Lead and guide the account management teams that are responsible for maintaining and growing our client relationships
- Collaborate with Piano’s UK sales teams and General Managers to leverage all organization assets to successfully drive new business and expansion opportunities.
- Teach and demonstrate to the team how to cultivate and grow relationships with senior level executives with direct clients
- Maintain and grow revenue within those key relationships (Upsell, expansion)
- Drive and lead QBRs that are full of actionable insights for key accounts
- Evangelize Piano’s client experience to ensure consistent and high quality engagements with all client touchpoints, that translates to high client retention.
- Be an expert on Piano’s product and service offerings
- Work independently, be a self-starter and have good team work and great communications skills
We are looking for candidates with the following skills:
- 15+ years of experience working with agencies, fortune 500 brands or media publishers
- Previous leadership and management experience
- Experience with developing account management staff
- A history of business development, strategic selling and engaging with senior executives
- Past work experience that required use of communication skills – verbal and written
- Able to travel as needed (~ 25% of the time)
- Entrepreneurial spirit and drive
- Knowledge of the media industry and ideally, digital revenue stream strategies
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Collaboration skills and a strong team player
- Excellent relationship development skills
● Piano offers competitive compensation packages and benefits commensurate with experience.