Piano is a fast-growing enterprise SaaS company with operations in Amsterdam, London, New York City, Philadelphia and elsewhere globally. We provide enterprise software and strategic services to the world’s leading media companies, including NBC Universal, the Economist, Condé Nast, Techcrunch, Bloomberg, and Hearst. Our software and services enable these companies to create customized digital experiences for users, restrict and sell access to content online, and analyze user behavior in order to drive engagement, loyalty, and revenue.
The Business Analyst (BA) works with appropriate departmental stakeholders and staff to understand business priorities and translate business requirements into technical specifications for the development team
- Gather input from internal stakeholders and customers, defining user stories and acceptance criteria, coordinating project efforts across multiple development and business teams, and conducting user and competitor research
- Work with business stakeholders and external customers to gather business requirements for future development projects
- Ensure that the software development team has complete and accurate functional specifications so they can deliver timely, high quality product releases
- Collaborate with technical leads to deliver complete and accurate specifications to the development team
- Develop a thorough understanding of the competitive marketplace and competitor features. Perform Gap analysis on such.
- Engage with customers on a periodic basis to analyze their usage of the product, determining areas for improvement to inform future feature spec development.
- Collaborate with UX designers to create screen mock-ups and workflows
- Participate in backlog grooming, team retrospectives, and other team meetings
- Coordinate with product management to triage, plan, and prioritize feature requests, bugs/defects, and other development items reported by Piano customers
- Propose new projects and/or functionality that aligns with product vision and company goals; promote visibility of overlooked or under-valued projects
- Willingness to perform other duties as required, and maintain an enthusiastic “can do” attitude
- 3+ years of professional experience (some technical experience is preferred)
- 3+ years experience performing software systems business analysis
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer and internal business needs, and translate same into well-defined, actionable planning and development projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex design and functionality concepts to business stakeholders, external customers, and technical personnel such as software developers and quality assurance engineers
- Expertise in creating user stories and acceptance criteria
- Experience with Figma and/or other UI/UX mock-up tools
- Proficiency in Jira, Confluence, and/or other collaboration software systems
- Experience working at a SaaS company
- Piano offers competitive compensation packages and benefits commensurate with experience.