Piano is a fast-growing enterprise SaaS company with operations in Amsterdam, London, New York City, Philadelphia and elsewhere globally. We provide enterprise software to the world’s leading media companies, including NBC Universal, Bloomberg, the Economist, Ringier Axel Springer, Le Groupe Les Échos-Le Parisien, Funke, Global Media Group and La Vanguardia. Our software enables these companies to create customized digital experiences for users, restrict and sell access to content online, and analyze user behavior in order to drive engagement, loyalty, and revenue.
The VP of Product Marketing will be responsible for owning product marketing on a global basis for Piano. This person will be a key driver in Piano’s growth, through launching new products, enabling a global sales force, ideating on key campaigns and go to market strategies, and evangelizing key analysts and partners to bolster our awareness and market position.
Reporting the CMO, the VP of Product Marketing will work closely with our Product Management team to help drive the product launch and go-to-market strategy for new features. They’ll work closely with our global Account Managers, Account Executives, and Sales Engineers, and enable them to effectively position our products and solutions and differentiate our offerings from our competition. They will be a driving force of the go-to-market strategy as a whole.
- End-to-end ownership of product marketing (both strategic vision and tactical execution) for Pianos’ rapidly growing offerings, including defining the vision and strategy of the Product Marketing team.
- Strong experience selling and marketing to enterprise customers on a global scale across NA, EMEA and APAC regions.
- Create product positioning and messaging for Piano’s suite of products, services, and solutions.
- Build the strategy and drive the execution of product launches and partnerships, including pricing, packaging, positioning, etc.
- Create sales tools and collateral including presentations, data sheets, case studies, demo videos, and white papers.
- Train and support Piano global sales team and channel partners to articulate product positioning and advantages.
- Partner with the global marketing teams to design and launch campaigns designed to create measurable pipeline impact and impact brand awareness with key enterprise buyers.
- Support the content marketing function to increase coverage of Piano in key analyst publications, trade, business, and national press.
- Develop relationships with key Piano customers, helping to turn these customers into references.
- Build and drive a global analyst strategy.
- Build and manage a global team of strong product marketing professionals.
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- 10+ years of marketing experience for a B2B SaaS organizations that targets a primarily enterprise customer base, experience with media brands a huge plus.
- The ideal candidate will have experience either working with data driven solutions targeting executives, managers and users.
- Experience in cross-functional areas such as pre-sales, sales, product management or marketing strategy are a plus.
- Ability to effectively communicate to stakeholders at all levels of the organization—from the end user (technical buyer) to the decision maker (economic buyer)—with excellent written, oral, and presentation skills.
- Compelling storyteller with a strategic and analytical mindset who can engage and educate customers and prospects. Strong presentation skills at both a conference level and 1:1 with specific customers and prospects.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies as well as plan and execute on deliverables with minimal supervision.
- Deep understanding of the marketing and/or media tech categories, with previous experience serving as a subject matter expert.
- Ability to prioritize projects effectively, juggling multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Piano offers competitive compensation packages and benefits commensurate with experience.