We are looking for a digital media professional with 1-2 years work experience who has knowledge and experience in digital strategy, marketing and audience research to join our Strategic Services team.
This role will partner closely with the Senior Product Strategist to assess direct reader revenue opportunity for our clients (in product strategy), and actively drive the go-to-market planning and execution of user engagement and subscription experiences on Piano Software (in launch services).
This hands-on role is perfect for a digital strategy generalist, as it touches many disciplines with opportunity to become more specialized over time. At the onset, the junior strategist will support the senior strategist in performing research (quantitative and qualitative), assist in crafting business models and go-to-market plans, and collaborate with a team of designers and developers to bring Piano-powered user journeys to life on our clients’ websites.
Product Strategy Responsibilities
In Product Strategy, the client strategy associate will partner with the Senior Product Strategist to help create innovative and compelling direct reader revenue strategies.
- Assist in creation of key presentations and deliverables, such as kickoff decks, quantitative reports, qualitative research summaries, business modeling and go to market strategies.
- Perform competitive and landscape evaluations of direct revenue strategies–within and beyond the media space.
- Assist the senior strategist to create screeners and manage recruiting for user interviews
- Coordinate and note take in qualitative user interviews; assist in the creation of findings reports and strategic recommendations.
- Coordinate design workshops and brainstorms; co-facilitating with the Senior Strategist when needed.
Launch Services Responsibilities
The client strategy associate serves as a central strategic steward from conception to execution of go to market, with support from the senior team. S/he sets the project direction with clearly defined requirements, crafts a comprehensive on-site messaging strategy, outlines key user flows and on-site experiences, and ensures that the strategy is successfully carried through design, development, and launch on Piano Software.
- Assist in requirements gathering. Understand and consolidate business, user, technology and design requirements that will impact the subscription experience.
- Perform background research. Examine existing research and documentation performed by our clients. Assist in creating a recommended experience strategy based on known audience behaviors and existing site performance. Evaluate existing go-to-market plans with a critical eye to look for optimization opportunities.
- Help create marketing & messaging strategies. Work with the team to define compelling on-site and email messaging strategies, with the goal of engaging readers and moving them along the subscription funnel; execute these strategies by drafting copy for use in designs.
- Define on-site experiences and user flows. Create wireframes that outline the journey from an offer through to a subscription landing page.
- Collaborate with the creative team to execute the approved user flows and bring to life a flawless on-site subscription experience.
- Build and QA experiences within the Piano platform
We are looking for candidates with the following skills:
- Strong communication and presentation skills; presence to build relationships
- Strategic mindset - ability to analyze metrics and glean insights to inform planning that translate into a sound strategic plan and presentation
- Demonstrative experience in digital marketing and website user experience strategy
- Consultative skills in interacting with clients
- Knowledge of digital media monetization, media industries, online marketing
- Analytical thinking and ability to identify trends and patterns
- A take-initiative attitude and proactive approach to client needs/issues
- Sense of urgency; ability to problem solve and troubleshoot in a timely manner
- Solid organizational, prioritization and load balancing skills
- Facility with productivity tools (MS, Apple, Google)
- Experience with design-thinking methods a plus