Piano is a fast-growing enterprise SaaS company with operations in Amsterdam, London, New York, Philadelphia, Oslo, Tokyo and elsewhere globally. We provide enterprise software to the world’s leading media companies, including NBC Universal, The Economist, The Telegraph Media Group, Ringier Axel Springer, Condé Nast, Techcrunch, Bloomberg, and Hearst. Our software enables these companies to create customized digital experiences for users, restrict and sell access to content online, and analyze user behavior in order to drive engagement, loyalty, and revenue.
Piano's largest investor is Updata Partners, a private equity company located in Washington DC. Updata invests in high-growth businesses where the combination of capital and operating experience help accelerate success. With more than $750 million of committed capital since inception, Updata has provided growth equity funding to over 40 leading technology companies.
Piano has a global finance function, with group responsibility run out of the Oslo office. The global finance function is a team of 10 employees located across Oslo, New York, Philadelphia, Kyiv, Bratislava and Tokyo. With plans for high organic growth and growth through M&A, we need to strengthen our analysis capacity. We are therefore looking to expand our team in Oslo with a new Financial Analyst.
About the role
The role will be a key asset in the future growth of the company. This individual will be spear-heading our financial quarterly forecast, annual budgeting process, operating plan variance analysis and special projects. S/he will provide financial consulting and support to senior management including preparing board presentations, financial presentations, cash management, capital expenditure analysis, industry/peer group comparisons, new business opportunities and acquisition analysis. Other important areas of support will be to assist in projects with the objective to deliver efficiency improvements through automation and streamlining of finance department processes. The Financial Analyst will have significant exposure to all group business units, senior management and external parties.
To succeed in the role, it is essential that you are organised, thorough, and able to work efficiently under pressure. You are able to prioritise and meet established deadlines. You have a team-oriented attitude and a pragmatic and professional nature. You are open to change and able to adjust to new situations and navigate in complex environments. This is a new position and can, to some extent, be shaped by the competencies and interests of the successful candidate.
The position reports to the Chief Financial Officer, but will work together with the finance team in Oslo on a daily basis.
- Provide analytical, forecasting, reporting, and project support to senior management
- Produce input to monthly reports, which include key metrics, financial results, and variance reporting
- Coordinate the annual and quarterly budgeting and forecasting processes
- Identify opportunities for performance improvement across the organization
- Manage the continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Operating Plan and Modeling tools
- Cash planning and management with AR/AP responsibility
- Tax refund schemes (Skattefunn)
- Implement and work with a Business Intelligence Tool and Dashboard reports
- Depending on interest and capacity, there will be the possibility to contribute into tasks and projects within M&A
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field
- 2-4 years of experience from financial planning & analysis, transaction services, investment banking, or other relevant experience from the industry
- Advanced Microsoft Excel/Google Sheet and PowerPoint/Google Slides skills
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on capacity
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with excellent understanding of financial analysis
- Fluent in written and oral English
- Understanding of/interest in IT systems and digital solutions