Piano is a fast-growing enterprise SaaS company with operations in Amsterdam, London, Oslo, New York City, Philadelphia and elsewhere globally. We provide enterprise software to the world’s leading media companies, including NBC Universal, The Wall Street Journal, Gannett, Hearst, Condé Nast, Techcrunch, The Economist, and Bloomberg. Our software enables these companies to create customized digital experiences for users, restrict and sell access to content online, and analyze user behavior in order to drive engagement, loyalty, and revenue.
The Data Analyst supports the Product Manager in researching and drafting feature briefs focussed on the development of data analytics and reporting. You are eager to learn and enjoy utilizing data to solve problems.
- Identify feature opportunities, potential approaches, and requirements using market research, analysis of product data, and direct collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Create feature briefs, user flows, wireframes, specifications, and other documents to communicate the planned approach for developing a feature and the business problems it will address to internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with data science, development, and other internal teams to define and acquire the necessary datasets to drive requirements decisions for analytics features. Analyze datasets and provide recommendations to inform feature development decisions.
- Contribute to product roadmap creation, informing feature inclusion, prioritization, and definition based on a detailed understanding of the product’s existing capabilities and opportunities identified through research.
- Willingness to perform other duties as required, and maintain an enthusiastic “can do” attitude
- Demonstrated progress towards a BA/BS degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex design and functionality concepts to a range of stakeholders
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in creating user stories and acceptance criteria (a plus)
- Experience with Figma and/or other UI/UX mock-up tools (a plus)
- Experience in Jira, Confluence, and/or other collaboration software systems (a plus)