Our clients are world-class media companies focused on generating revenues through a mix of ads and user engagement. The Senior Product Manager, Ad Products is responsible for defining the product strategy and working with our technology and commercial teams to bring state of the art advertising products to our global media clients. This role is based in New York or Philadelphia but works closely with a team of technical, data science, and commercial professionals in Europe who are responsible for DMP and Ad Products.
This role has the following responsibilities:
Vision, management, and stewardship
- Work with leadership and other product stakeholders to define, evolve, and drive advertising product strategy and roadmap in the short and long term.
- Define, design, and direct major new initiatives and paradigm-shifting features within product to deployment in the market.
- Collaborate with colleagues across strategy, design/UX, data, and engineering.
- Manage the grooming and prioritization process of new features, the backlog, and bug fixes.
- Collaborate with other product leads to model, map, and weave new initiatives and features across the platform, as necessary.
- Communicate to adjacent teams, management, and directly with clients and serve as a liaison for product questions, requests, suggestions and deliverables
Feature definition and design
- Research and write ambitious, innovative, nuanced, and thoroughly complete feature specifications.
- Curate and procure relevant business requirements and translate them into functional specifications, design considerations, and user stories.
- Oversee product development and help steer and support the engineering and QA teams through to deployment.
- Act and serve as a key voice of the publisher and end-user throughout the product life-cycle.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills:
- 5-10 years experience in product management in digital media; experience should include:
- Creating product specification documents such as business and functional requirements
- Managing software development resource allocation, project scope and product delivery
- Using JIRA or similar task and bug/issue tracking software
- At least 3 years experience in advertising product development and management for digital media, with special emphasis on DMP, ad insertion, segmentation, placement, and attribution
- Ability to adopt the customer’s perspective when defining new initiatives and product features
- Demonstrated ability to achieve strategic goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment, and to evolve product strategy based on research, data and industry trends
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional and overseas teams
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills
- Passionate about digital media advertising
- Comfort working directly with a wide variety of stakeholders from senior management to clients
- Comfort working directly with software developers and product designers
- Rigorous and organized and able to influence others in this regard
- Effective written and oral communication
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Proven track record for managing and driving specification teams
- Based in New York City or Philadelphia