Piano is a fast-growing enterprise SaaS company with operations in Amsterdam, London, New York City, Philadelphia and elsewhere globally. We provide enterprise software to the world’s leading media companies, including NBC Universal, Bloomberg, the Economist, Ringier Axel Springer, Le Groupe Les Échos-Le Parisien, Funke, Nikkei and La Vanguardia. Our software and services enables our clients to create customized digital experiences, and to ask questions of, and convert targeted audiences throughout the funnel. These experiences are used to uncover consumer motivations, increase revenue, and measure the impact of digital advertising.
Piano is looking for an ambitious and collaborative Director of Marketing Communications to join our team. This role will be responsible for setting the strategy and overseeing the execution of multichannel brand marketing campaigns, content marketing, PR & social media. The ideal candidate for this role has past experience in a B2B setting blending corporate marketing and communications, and can apply those skills to strengthen Piano’s brand position in the market and exceed business goals.
- Strategy: Partner with the CMO, Sales, Product Marketing, Creative Director and other executives in conceptualizing and executing a wide range of brand-building marketing and communications campaigns– with a focus on strengthening top-of-funnel awareness and accelerating the sales pipeline.
- Positioning & Branding: Align with leadership and the Product Marketing team to ensure our business positioning resonates in the market. Ensure consistent and up-to-date application of our verbal and visual brand identity across all external-facing collateral and communications.
- Content Marketing: Oversee the production of various content initiatives to nurture and educate our customers and prospects at every step of the purchase funnel. Manage a content calendar that includes all external-facing comms, timing, and ownership across different teams.
- Social Media: Manage all social media communications and strategy to drive content.
- Digital: Partner with digital marketing for effective distribution and adoption of content to key targets in performance channels.
- PR & Comms: Develop and execute a proactive communications strategy focused on expanding our thought leadership impact with industry trade publications, business news, and leading technology analysts. Respond to inbound requests and support leadership on press opportunities and messaging. Draft press releases before distribution, and measure impact.
- Events Messaging: Collaborate with the Events team in defining the goals of speaking engagements, and writing abstracts/key points as needed.
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- 8+ years B2B marketing experience, with focus on content and communications in a global role
- 2+ years people management experience
- Strong organization, project management, and execution skills
- Clear, concise communicator with excellent writing skills
- Able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment. Past startup experience is a plus.
- Poise and professionalism to collaborate across several key stakeholders, globally
- A high degree of brand discipline combined with a revenue-generating mindset
- BA or equivalent experience in English, Marketing, Communications or related field