Piano is a fast-growing enterprise SaaS company with operations in Amsterdam, London, New York City, Philadelphia and elsewhere globally. We provide enterprise software to the world’s leading media companies, including The Economist, Digiday, Decanter, The Independent, Le Parisien, Condé Nast, Bloomberg, and Hearst. Our software enables these companies to create customised digital experiences for users, restrict and sell access to content online, and analyse user behaviour in order to drive engagement, loyalty, and revenue. Our strategic services help companies develop successful product strategy, and maximise user engagement and revenue through marketing optimisation.
We are looking for a professional with 7+ years work experience in a revenue optimisation role for a digital media company or agency, to join our Strategic Services team and help serve as a revenue generation partner for our clients in media and content marketing in the EMEA market. The right individual has the opportunity to join a dynamic working environment, help grow a business within Piano and work with a passionate, dedicated team.
This role has the following responsibilities:
Deliver value to a portfolio of media and content marketing clients by providing strategic and tactical guidance, and hands-on execution for website monetisation:
- Develop, present and execute plans to guide and optimise clients’ businesses and ensure best use and value from our platform
- Lead revenue optimisation client pitches in collaboration with the EMEA sales team
- Lead optimisation engagements with the Account team and clients
- Design and execute test plans aimed at increasing audience, user engagement, registrations, newsletter signups, and revenues in the business
- Ensure the quality of all recommendations and test plans developed by the optimisation team
- Collaborate with Account Managers to ensure successful client optimisation engagements, representing Piano as the expert in subscription revenue optimisation, user engagement and conversion in client meetings
- Ensure the consistent in-market execution of best practices shared across the Optimisation Services team, while helping to define and test innovative new tactics to drive results for clients and expand the use of the Piano platform
- Leverage insights, benchmarks, performance metrics and industry trends to make strategic recommendations on how clients can optimise their business
- Execute new initiatives that open up additional optimisation revenue streams, e.g. advertising, third-party media buying
- Monitor client performance on the platform; identify gaps and opportunities for growth
- Communicate within and across functions internally, reporting on the progress of initiatives and execution activities with a focus on identifying product development or documentation opportunities
- Occasional travel to meet with clients
We are looking for candidates with the following skills:
- Strategic mindset - ability to analyse metrics and glean insights to inform planning that translate into a sound strategic plan and presentation
- Strong communication/presentation skills; presence to build relationships; consultative orientation
- Demonstrated experience (5+ years) and deep knowledge of digital media monetisation through subscription and advertising revenue, media industries, and online marketing, ideally in a hands-on role optimising marketing campaigns
- Analytical thinking and ability to identify trends and patterns
- A take-initiative attitude and proactive approach to client needs/issues
- Experience managing and mentoring teams
- Facility with productivity and project management tools (MS, Apple, Google)
Piano offers competitive compensation packages and benefits commensurate with experience.
Any hire will be required to prove he or she is authorized to work in the United Kingdom without sponsorship from Piano.