Piano is a fast-growing enterprise SaaS company with operations in Amsterdam, London, New York City, Philadelphia and elsewhere globally. We provide enterprise software to the world’s leading media companies, including NBC Universal, Bloomberg, the Economist, Ringier Axel Springer, Le Groupe Les Échos-Le Parisien, Funke, Nikkei and La Vanguardia. Our software and services enables our clients to create customized digital experiences, and to ask questions of, and convert targeted audiences throughout the funnel. These experiences are used to uncover consumer motivations, increase revenue, and measure the impact of digital advertising.
We are looking for someone with 4-5 years operations management experience to join our team in Philadelphia and support our existing client and new business efforts to drive operational efficiency, data management and process. With our end to end solution from advertising to subscriptions, you will establish the operational infrastructure for Piano’s Client Services and Sales organizations. The role will report equally to the head of Sales and head of Client Services and will be tasked with increasing the productivity of your customer-facing team members. The role delivers systems management critical to the successful outcomes for our clients (and therefore retention and upsell), as well as new business for Sales.
Deliver value to the Sales and Client Services teams by providing day-to-day systems management and operational support including:
- Sales Operations: Driver or Sales results and forecast reporting for business management dashboard and Sales Leads
- Client Services Operations: Driver of key KPI data and reporting for business management dashboard and CS Lead
- Sales Operations: Track leading indicators for new deals
- Client Services Operations: Track leading and lagging indicators of key client KPIs (Renewals, Upsell, Churn, Satisfaction)
- Customer/Client Experience
- Sales Operations: Coordination of Sales/CS process to ensure quality customer/client experience (e.g. handover)
- Client Services Operations: Coordination of Sales/CS process to ensure quality customer/client experience (e.g. handover)
- External Communications
- Sales Operations: Coordinate with Marketing for pipeline growth and prospect nurture activities (ABM, Webinars).
- Client Services Operations: Coordinate with Marketing on scaled (1:many) communications (newsletters, webinars), ABM for expansion and client co-marketing engagement.
- Risk Management
- Sales Operations: Identify, coordinate at-risk deals
- Client Services Operations: Proactively identify at-risk clients and coordinate Playbook enhancements and escalation processes.
- Identification of Opportunities
- Sales Operations: Identify top leads
- Client Services Operations: Identify/report on top clients for upsell
- Cross-functional collaboration
- Sales Operations: Coordinate x-functional collaboration to drive pipeline and deal closure
- Client Services Operations: Coordinate x-functional collaboration to drive renewals, expansion and process to improve client outcomes
- Sales Operations: Prospect segments, territory management, staffing forecasts
- Client Services Operations: Allocation of AMs on new business; ongoing assignment ratio management, staffing forecasts
- Sales Operations: Identify and coordinate creation of enablement materials to drive success
- Client Services Operations: Identify and coordinate creation of enablement materials to drive success
- Technology Management
- Sales Operations: Implement and manage any software supporting the Sales process (Hubspot)
- Client Services Operations: Implement and manage software supporting the CS function (CS, Sendoso).
- Coordinate with x-functional leads on other technology.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills:
- This is not a client/customer facing role, as this person is the backstage support of the disciplines’ operations.
- Proven experience of scaling process, optimizing and reporting from Hubspot (or Salesforce) and other CRM systems (e.g. Client Success or Gainsight)
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Experience in designing processes that scale
- Ability to break down ambiguous problems into concrete, manageable components and think through optimal solutions
- Experience working in SaaS systems
- Data-driven mindset, and able to translate into relevant performance reporting
- Enjoys “getting their hands dirty” by digging into complex operations
- Collaborative across a number of functions and business management needs
- Clear communicator with professional presence
- Strong listening skills; open to input from other team members and departments
- Ability to lead through influence
- Piano offers competitive compensation packages.