Piano is a fast-growing enterprise SaaS company with operations in Amsterdam, London, New York City, Philadelphia and elsewhere globally. We provide enterprise software to the world’s leading media companies, including NBC Universal, the Economist, Condé Nast, Techcrunch, Bloomberg, and Hearst. Our software enables these companies to create customized digital experiences for users, restrict and sell access to content online, and analyze user behavior in order to drive engagement, loyalty, and revenue.
Piano is seeking a Client Services Engineer who is responsible for the successful technical implementation of our software for new clients and serve as the escalation engineer for Level 2 technical support.
The core responsibilities of the Client Services Engineer are:
- Deployment guidance. Communicating to our Client Services team and to the client’s implementation team the business benefits that led to the purchase decision and the deployment options and integration points that are necessary to enable those benefits.
- Integration expertise. Understanding how our software integrates with the relevant and related tools and systems that our clients use, including proficiency in how to use our APIs.
- Technical expertise. Being able to answer questions about how our software is architected and developed as well as how individual features and functions technically work.
- Integration planning. Working with the Implementation Manager in Client Services to create a project plan that details the tasks that must be accomplished to successfully implement and test our software for our clients and to the client’s implementation team, and working with both teams to apply a timeline to the project milestones.
- Technical implementation guidance. Guiding our client’s technical team on how to implement and integrate our software, leveraging technical documentation that exists, code snippets that have been developed for previous client implementations, and creating new documentation and code snippets where necessary to aid the client implementation. Additionally, guiding clients in testing their implementation and resolving issues raised during the testing process.
- Technical troubleshooting and ongoing technical support during implementation. Being the contact person for the client’s implementation team when technical issues or questions arise. Troubleshooting integration code, testing API calls and responses, validating test results.
- Ongoing support post-implementation. Providing Level 2 technical support for the 10% of issues with our clients’ ongoing use of our tools that arise and are beyond the expertise of our Technical Solutions Associates.
- Documentation skills. Creating documentation to streamline the implementation process or address specific client requirements. Maintaining a library of documents, assets, and tools that aid implementation and testing.
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- BS degree in computer science or equivalent experience in software implementation
- At least 5 years of directly relevant professional experience at a SaaS company or online publisher - 3+ years working as a software engineer/developer for a SaaS company and 2+years working in client services providing level 2 or higher support
- Comfort interacting with clients through written and verbal communication
- Strong experience working with APIs, Ajax, JSON, XML
- Creative problem solving. You’re comfortable overcoming technical roadblocks using whatever works best for that specific scenario.
- Familiarity with e-commerce systems like Stripe, Braintree, Zuora
- Track record of previous implementations of third party SaaS products
- Able to work on multiple implementation and projects simultaneously, along with ongoing client technical troubleshooting support.
- Track record of problem solving and innovation
- Aptitude for learning new technologies quickly
- Knowledge of back-end web languages (PHP, Java, Node) as well as comprehensive understanding of object-oriented programming would be a bonus
- Piano offers competitive compensation packages and benefits commensurate with experience.