The Business Development Associate (BDA) is responsible for developing sales leads via all funnels and channels, and for working with early-stage opportunities to identify, mature, and qualify valuable leads for the Sales Directors. Essentially, the BDA function will own the Pre-Sales pipeline by generating qualified opportunities.
- Generate Outbound Leads. Utilize business and industry knowledge to research accounts, identify key players, generate interest, create/identify compelling events, and develop accounts. Generate new business opportunities by proactively contacting potential new clients via telephone, email, social networks, and in-person at conferences and trade shows.
- Manage Inbound Leads. Respond to inbound requests from marketing campaigns, websites, conferences, webinars, partners or other channels. Work closely with Marketing to help follow up on leads from marketing campaigns.
- Nurture Relationships. Maintain regular contact with new business opportunities to keep them apprised of new clients, launches, features, published research, company news partners and to stay abreast of their current projects, future initiatives, and topics that are most important to them.
- Qualify Leads. Identify our prospects’ active projects to achieve goals or fix problems that could be a fit for Piano. Apply knowledge of Piano to describe how we help prospects overcome their business issues. Determine client interest, commitment level, and urgency.
- Social Selling. Building your social network and using Linkedin Sales Navigator to find the right prospects, build trusted relationships, stay on top of their mind and ultimately, convert them into sales.
- Manage Processes/tools. Use Hubspot CRM (Sales CRM tool) to keep track of all the contact and companies, Zoom Info to search for a contact, Linkedin to build relationships. Track and maintain accurate data and activity records. Use (and contribute to) consistent sales materials, sales playbook and suggest necessary marketing activities to develop the territory.
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Quick learner, positive and energetic person - ability to quickly analyze mistakes and make changes, open for criticism
- Ability to motivate others to talk about themself, strong writing skills
- Cold calls / Inside sales experience, successful experience generating leads for IT business, preferably for SaaS companies
- A self-starter with a track record of successful, credible achievements (not necessarily in sales)
- Attention to detail, excellent organization, and communication skills
- Analytical and structured mindset
- Confident in engaging with C-level and Director prospects
- Familiarity with CRM systems, preferably Hubspot CRM
- Proficient mining LinkedIn for contacts and opportunities
- Desire to succeed in sales and a positive attitude for learning
- Fluent English language is mandatory