Piano is a fast-growing enterprise SaaS company with operations in Berlin, Amsterdam, London, Oslo, New York, Philadelphia, Tokyo and elsewhere globally. We provide enterprise software to the world’s leading media companies, including NBC Universal, the Economist, Condé Nast, Funke Mediengruppe, IDG and Russmedia. Our software enables these companies to create customised digital experiences for users, restrict and sell access to content online, and analyse user behaviour in order to drive engagement, loyalty, and revenue.
Piano is an exciting and truly international company. You would be a key part of our fast growing Berlin team but also work closely together with colleagues across Europe. Piano believes in flexible working conditions and values everybody’s contribution to our ongoing success.
Piano’s award-winning and innovative solutions are highly valued by its customers and are leading the way in the subscription business.
As a Sales Engineer, you would be responsible for winning the technical part of a sales opportunity. This entails:
- Product expertise. Knowing how our software helps accomplish the business goals of the client and being able to demonstrate the features and functionality that address the use cases of the client, from both a business-user and an end-user perspective.
- Technical expertise. Being able to answer questions about how our software is architected and developed as well as how individual features and functions technically work.
- Integration expertise. Understanding how our software integrates with the relevant and related tools and systems that our clients use, including proficiency in how to use our APIs.
- Presentation and communication skills. Being able to provide product, technical, and integration expertise in a way that removes confusion, doubt, or uncertainty. Being able to create clear and concise documentation of various formats that address the most common questions and specific technical concerns of our clients.
- Documentation skills. Being able to document how our clients intend to use our software and what systems the software will need to integrate with during the implementation process. Maintaining a library of documentation that can be leveraged by others in the sales organisation.
- Education. Improving the knowledge of the sales team by holding regular education sessions, creating documentation of various formats that addresses frequently asked questions or specific topics of interest, and sharing lessons learned from client sales opportunities.
Required Skills & Attributes
- Degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years total professional experience with 3+ years in front-line sales engineering role
- Experience working with APIs, JSON, XML
- Excellent communicator – both verbal and written
- Passionate about building strong, trusted relationships with our sales team, our client services team, and our prospects and clients.
- Aptitude to learn new technologies quickly
- Willingness to travel as needed to markets in your territory
- Native German speaker, fluent in English
What we offer
- competitive salary
- flexible working
- working in a truly international company
- working for the media sector and beyond
- ongoing training
- fun working atmosphere
All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the EU and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Piano is not able to provide sponsorship for this opportunity.