Piano is one of the world’s leading enterprise SaaS companies with operations in Philadelphia, New York City, London, Amsterdam, Bratislava and other cities around the globe. We provide a digital business platform for the world’s leading media companies, including NBC Universal, the Economist, Condé Nast, Techcrunch, Bloomberg, and Hearst.
The experience architect works with product owners to create bulletproof feature specifications; works with designers arrive at high fidelity designs that are mapped to a thoroughly mapped system of user needs, workflows, states, and edge cases; works with designers to create pre and post-design prototypes to convey, test, and, and explore complex experiences and flows; works with engineering to effectively translate specifications into the development track; works with QA, engineering, and client success to monitor the adoption, usage dynamics, and success of new features and to deliver actionable insights from them.
- Brand - Immerse yourself in the Piano brand. Continually ponder about and aim to drive forward and evolve the holistically recurring behavioral, tonal, visual, and experiential patterns of our brand system.
- Specification - Work with product owners to help understand, identify, define, and translate challenging business needs into well-scoped functional requirements, user stories, models, and specifications.
- Experience and interaction design - Diagrams, flows, user journeys, navigational models, wireframes, prototypes, experience maps, and more.
- Systematic design - Design, properly releverage, and extend the core components and recurring beats of the product experience in a holistic way across all products and features.
- Collaborate - In addition to isolated UX deliverables, this position is the connective tissue between product owners, designers, developers, and client success.
- Innovate! Forward Piano’s mission for a celebrated software experience by pushing the envelope and seeking new, ambitious, intuitive, and innovative solutions to high-value and high-return interface opportunities and user-experience problems.
Experience architecture and prototyping
- Prior to design, create low fidelity wireframe keyframes, sequences, and click-through prototypes to map out the complete system of flows and states required by any new feature.
- During design, collaborate with product designers to create interactive click-through prototypes on complex and multi-step workflows using live high-fidelity design assets sourced from Figma or Dropbox. Iterate with product owners and designers to discover gaps, inefficiencies, misfires, improvement opportunities, and eureka moments.
- Identify, define, and map key functional behaviors, inputs, outputs, states, edge cases, and variance in all new reusable interface components that are introduced by way of new features or feature updates.
- Annotate and deliver written or diagrammatic interaction specifications that can accompany visual design of these components for the purposes of translating into development.
- Piano offers competitive compensation packages and benefits commensurate with experience.