The Business Development Associate (BDA) is responsible for developing enterprise sales leads via all funnels and channels, and for working with early stage opportunities to identify, mature, and qualify valuable leads for the Sales Directors. Essentially, the BDA function will own the Pre-Sales pipeline.
- Generate Outbound Leads. Utilize business and industry knowledge to research accounts, identify key players, generate interest, create/identify compelling events, and develop accounts. Generate new business opportunities by proactively contacting potential new clients via telephone, email, and in-person at conferences and trade shows and by identify new opportunities within large organizations where we have existing relationships.
- Manage Inbound Leads. Respond to inbound requests from marketing campaigns, website, conferences, or other channels. Work closely with Marketing to help follow up on leads from marketing campaigns.
- Nurture Relationships. Maintain regular contact with new business opportunities to keep them apprised of new clients, launches, features, partners and to stay abreast of their current projects, future initiatives, and topics that are most important to them.
- Qualify Leads. Identify our prospects’ active projects to achieve goals or fix problems that could be a fit for Piano. Apply knowledge of Piano to describe how we help prospects overcome their business issues. Conduct one on one demos to demonstrate how we solve problems. Determine client interest, commitment level, and urgency.
- Manage Process/tools. Use Hubspot CRM (Sales CRM tool) to log, track and maintain accurate organization, customer, deal, and contact activity records. Use (and contribute to) consistent sales materials, approach, and techniques.
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- BA degree or equivalent
- Successful experience generating leads for enterprise software, preferably SaaS
- Positive and energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills, strong writing skills
- A self-starter with a track record of successful, credible achievements
- Attention to detail, excellent organization and communication skills
- Experience in a partially commission-based role
- Confident in engaging with C-level and Director prospects
- Familiarity with CRM systems, preferably Hubspot CRM
- Proficient mining LinkedIn for contacts and opportunities
- Desire to succeed in sales and a positive attitude for learning
- Fluent English language skills
- Additional language skills welcome