Piano is a fast-growing enterprise SaaS company with operations in Amsterdam, London, New York City, Philadelphia and elsewhere globally. We provide enterprise software to the world’s leading media companies, including NBC Universal, the Economist, Condé Nast, Techcrunch, Bloomberg, and Hearst. Our software enables these companies to create customized digital experiences for users, restrict and sell access to content online, and analyze user behavior in order to drive engagement, loyalty, and revenue.
As a Junior Sales Engineer, this role is responsible for supporting the technical phase of a sales opportunity. This entails the following responsibilities:
- Product expertise. Knowing how our software helps accomplish the business goals of the client and being able to demonstrate the features and functionality that address the use cases of the client, from both a business-user and an end-user perspective.
- Integration expertise. Understanding and being able to explain how our software integrates with the relevant and related tools / systems that our clients use
- Presentation and communication skills. Being able to provide product, technical, and integration expertise in a way that removes confusion, doubt, or uncertainty.
- Documentation skills. Pointing out where documentation needs to be written and contributing to documentation needed to answer the most common technical and feature questions that come up during the sales process
- Education. Improving the knowledge of the sales team by holding regular education sessions / lunch & learns
In addition to fulfilling the responsibilities above, success in this role will yield the right tools, techniques, and processes to make this a scalable function. Specifically, as a Sales Engineer you will:
- Establish yourself as a trusted go-to resource for questions about the product — whether that’s features, data, implementation, API, or documentation
- Provide critical feedback on the sales process and ways to move specific deals you’re working on
- Piano offers competitive compensation packages and benefits commensurate with experience.