Piano is a fast-growing enterprise SaaS company with operations in Amsterdam, London, New York City, Philadelphia and elsewhere globally. We provide enterprise software and strategic services to the world’s leading media companies, including NBC Universal, the Economist, Condé Nast, Techcrunch, Bloomberg, and Hearst. Our software and services enable these companies to create customized digital experiences for users, restrict and sell access to content online, and analyze user behavior in order to drive engagement, loyalty, and revenue.
In this role, you will lead our efforts to deliver a more complete platform knowledge experience for our customers. You will be responsible for the process, control, security, accessibility, and timeliness of organizational documentation that may be used by/useful to employees and clients. This includes release notes, our documentation site, knowledge base articles, training/instructional videos, and other key materials, that enable the successful utilization of our software. You will work closely with the VP, Client Technology to build a scalable strategy for documenting new features and services, as well as continually improving the existing documentation. You will also be expected to work with the product and engineering teams on cross-functional projects and initiatives. You will lead execution against our customer experience goals, that deliver a tailored experience and reporting on our documentation usage.
- Admin the CMS instance, including tagging, hierarchy, update cadence, localization, image library, etc.
- Create, monitor and ensure the quality of the CMS content, including editing, style guide, and SME submissions
- Target and improve content based on metrics and CSAT feedback (e.g. client surveys, NPS, usage)
- Optimize content types and inclusions, including working with product to ensure content is relevant, updated, and reflects current and new releases
- Assist in the scripting of videos and other instructional design pieces
- Assist in quality control and content validation of non-video instructional design pieces
- Maintain relationships with and a meeting cadence with dev and prod team members to ensure transparency into the release process and new feature sets' benefits and capabilities
- Manage localization vendors and determine localization approach, including level, ratio, and frequency of translations for each language
- Become an expert on our product, constantly growing and stay abreast of all innovation and new features and functionality.
- Maintain a regular update cadence for all content, ensuring none goes stale or irrelevant
- Constantly ideate to improve content, approach, types of search terms, and tagging mechanisms to make a world-class user experience
- Bachelor’s degree in English or equivalent work experience in technical writing
- 5+ years experience leading technical writing initiatives (documentation, release notes, product updates)
- High level of communication skills (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills in order to effectively interact with all levels of associates on various subject matters and to convey knowledge and ideas in a logical, interesting, and engaging manner to others
- Experience guiding cross-functional initiatives as part of a collaborative team
- Record of building relationships with stakeholders to support successful content outcomes, including internal product, engineering, support, and account teams, as well as key client stakeholders
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects
- Expert knowledge of at least one CMS
- Experience working with one of the major video platforms
- Piano offers competitive compensation packages and benefits commensurate with experience