Piano is a fast-growing enterprise SaaS company with operations in New York City, Los Angeles, Bratislava, and Izhevsk. We provide enterprise software to the world’s leading media companies, including CNBC, NBC Sports, the Economist, Condé Nast, Hearst, and Gannett. Our software enables these companies to create customized digital experiences for users, restrict and sell access to content online, and analyze user behavior in order to maximize revenue.
Piano recently opened an office in Philadelphia. We are recruiting exceptionally smart people to join our team and help us build a dynamic technology, product and client success operation.
Piano is seeking an Infrastructure DevOps Engineer who will be responsible for the set-up and maintenance of our development, test and production environments on Amazon and Google cloud platforms. This appropriate candidate will have at least 2.5+ years experience managing a high traffic public facing application on Amazon cloud infrastructure and be accustomed to continuous integration and deployment working environments.
The Dev Ops Engineer has the following responsibilities:
● Design approach for improving overall application system health (ensuring availability and minimizing latency)
● Monitor and and maintain AWS infrastructure
● Implement architecture/approach for scaling nodes in AWS
● Maintain database and conduct mysql performance and tuning
● Debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks
The Dev Ops Engineer has the following experience:
● 2.5+ years maintaining AWS based infrastructure for web based application.
● MySQL experience with performance, scaling, and maintenance.
● Experience building and maintaining real-time application monitoring with experiencing troubling shooting hotspots
● Experience with Apache / Nginx.
● Direct experience setting up system-wide logging and log monitoring
● Experience with configuration management via Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
● Desire to constantly evolve and improve internal infrastructure utilizing new tools, technologies, and approaches.
● Continuous integration - preferably Jenkins with Git
And the following extras:
● Experience with Google Cloud infrastructure
● Understanding of web technologies and standards, understanding of REST API
● Experience in access management