Piano is a fast-growing enterprise SaaS company with operations in New York City, Los Angeles, Bratislava, and Izhevsk. We provide enterprise software to the world’s leading media companies, including CNBC, NBC Sports, the Economist, Condé Nast, Hearst, and Gannett. Our software enables these companies to create customized digital experiences for users, restrict and sell access to content online, and analyze user behavior in order to maximize revenue.
This role is responsible for identifying, developing, and closing new business with enterprise clients in the media and entertainment industry. Successful candidates will have a proven track record exceeding quota selling SaaS applications to large enterprises, ideally to media and entertainment clients.
- Account planning. Develop and execute a strategic plan to achieve sales quota, grow our customer base, and increase our footprint with existing clients.
- Owning the sales cycle. Run the end-to-end sales process from identifying targets, prospecting and cold calling, responding to RFPs, scheduling, conducting, and following up on sales meetings, through price and contract negotiations.
- Presenting our value proposition and demonstrating our software. Be stellar at telling our story, well versed at explaining the value we deliver to clients and awesome at demonstrating our software.
- Collaborating. Work with Business Development, Sales Engineering, Marketing, and sales leadership to identify, plan, strategize, and move deals forward.
- Process Stuff. Use Pipedrive to log, track and maintain accurate organization, customer, deal, and contact activity records. Use (and contribute to) consistent sales materials, approach, and techniques.
Required Skills & Attributes
- BA degree or equivalent
- 3 to 5 years’ experience selling enterprise software, preferably SaaS
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Self-driven, motivated and result oriented
- Exceptional business acumen and authentic personality
- Self-starter and committed to success
- Ability to socialize and network successfully and consistently
- Ability and willingness to travel (10 to 20%)
Success in this role will be evaluated on quota attainment