Job description, responsibilities and duties
You have a passion for finding knowledge nuggets out of large data sets? You want to help our clients to find and understand patterns in masses of data? We have billions of behavioral data records from several hundreds of media sites, hundreds of thousands of subscription and payment records, and a growing set of other data at our disposal.
Our customers are some of the largest international media brands and are seeking ways to better engaging their audiences in order to grow their digital businesses.
As part of our Analytics team you will work on cutting-edge analytics models, reports and analyses of user behavior that help our customers to achieve their goals.
You will be working with Big Data databases and statistical packages in R or Python, along with cooperating with your team colleagues on the methodical perspective of the analyses.
• Design and deliver analytics solutions based on a variety of (statistical, data mining and machine-learning) approaches
• Preparing data for analysis including data cleansing, mining data for new hypotheses
• Use text mining methods to analyze content on websites
• Use clustering and other statistical methods to analyze user behavior
• Participate on the development of an automated reporting tool in Shiny
• Work with business analysts providing optimization services for existing clients, deliver custom analyses
• Discover new areas for further data science research and development
• Experience with predictive modelling
• Experience with large data sets (Big Data)
• Experience with Google Cloud Services
Employee perks, benefits
• International team based across the globe
• Subsidized language courses
• Working from home on occasion
• Flexible hours
• Paid Sick days
• Subsided access to gyms, wellness, and sports centres in Slovakia and Czech Republic
Personality requirements and skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Degree in mathematics, statistics, information science, or equivalent
• Experience with R (or its alternatives)
• Experience in writing SQL
• Experience with data mining techniques
• Fluent in English
• Solid communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Preference for a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment