Piano is a fast-growing enterprise SaaS company with operations in Amsterdam, London, New York City, Philadelphia and elsewhere globally. We provide enterprise software to the world’s leading media companies, including NBC Universal, the Economist, Condé Nast, Techcrunch, Bloomberg, and Hearst. Our software enables these companies to create customized digital experiences for users, restrict and sell access to content online, and analyze user behavior in order to drive engagement, loyalty, and revenue.
We are looking for an experienced SaaS product manager with the vision, passion, and process management abilities to help define and execute against our roadmap. Doing so will mean working cross-functionally with stakeholders at different levels of the organization to bring new features and products from whiteboard to release.
The Product Manager’s primary responsibilities include:
Fostering product cohesion and clarity
- Collaborate with key stakeholders, product designers, project managers and software developers to ensure that all development work fits holistically within the company’s product vision
- Follow strict methodology to prioritize new features based on company goals; output is used to inform decision-making by senior leadership
Identification of improvements and new features
- Serve as the point of intersection between the business and technical teams; ingest market research, competitive analyses and client feedback, and distill into detailed feature requests.
- Work with the User Experience and Design teams to understand how new features should be integrated within current products through client user analysis and end user testing.
Distillation of requirements
- Demonstrate a strong technical understanding of the product and determine how potential new features leverage and/or replace existing functionality to best meet business needs
- Write comprehensive product requirement documents and present them to product leadership, incorporating feedback and constructive criticism along the way.
- Work closely with project managers and engineering team leads to guide features and improvements from conception to launch.
Delivery to stakeholders
- Own product projects end-to-end, providing transparency and reporting on delivery timelines
- Communicate the core functionality of new features to Sales and Client Services teams via guided demonstrations
- Author public facing documentation for each new feature or product improvement
- 3+ years experience as a SaaS product manager, bonus points for time spent with e-commerce or web monetization; experience should include:
- Creating product specification documents such as business and functional requirements
- Managing software development resource allocation, project scope and product delivery
- Using JIRA or similar task and bug/issue tracking software
- Passionate about web software development and grounded in the the digital ecosystem
- Comfort working directly with a wide variety of stakeholders from senior management to clients
- Comfort working directly with software developers and product designers
- Rigorous and organized and able to influence others in this regard
- Effective written and oral communication
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience