Piano is a fast-growing enterprise SaaS company with operations in New York City, Los Angeles, Bratislava, and Izhevsk. We provide enterprise software to the world’s leading media companies, including CNBC, NBC Sports, the Economist, Condé Nast, Hearst, and Gannett. Our software enables these companies to create customized digital experiences for users, restrict and sell access to content online, and analyze user behavior in order to maximize revenue.
This role is responsible for developing enterprise sales leads via all funnels and channels, and for working with early stage opportunities to identify, mature, and qualify valuable leads for the Sales Directors. Essentially, the BDR function will own the Pre-Sales pipeline.
- Outbound Lead Management. Utilize business and industry knowledge to research accounts, identify key players, generate interest, create/identify compelling events, and develop accounts. Generate new business opportunities by proactively contacting potential new clients via telephone, email, and in-person at conferences and trade shows and by identify new opportunities within large organizations where we have existing relationships.
- Inbound Lead Management. Respond to inbound requests from marketing campaigns, website, conferences, or other channels. Work closely with Marketing to help follow up on leads from marketing campaigns.
- Nurture. Maintain regular contact with new business opportunities to keep them apprised of new clients, launches, features, partners and to stay abreast of their current projects, future initiatives, and topics that are most important to them.
- Qualify Leads. Identify our prospects’ active projects to achieve goals or fix problems that could be a fit for Piano. Apply knowledge of Piano to describe how we help prospects overcome their business issues. Conduct one on one demos to demonstrate how we solve problems. Determine client interest, commitment level, and urgency.
- Process Stuff. Use Pipedrive to log, track and maintain accurate organization, customer, deal, and contact activity records. Use (and contribute to) consistent sales materials, approach, and techniques.
Required Skills & Attributes
- BA degree or equivalent
- Successful experience generating leads for enterprise software, preferably SaaS
- Positive and energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills, strong writing skills
- A self-starter with a track record of successful, credible achievements
- Attention to detail, excellent organization and communication skills
- Experience in a partially commission-based role
- Confident in engaging with C-level and Director prospects
- Familiarity with CRM systems, preferably Pipedrive
- Proficient mining LinkedIn for contacts and opportunities
- Desire to succeed in sales and a positive attitude for learning
- Fluent English language skills
- Additional language skills welcome
- Ability to make formal and informal presentation to clients
- Ability and willingness to travel (5-10%)
Success in this role will be evident in the amount of new business opportunities the BDR generates. Specifically, we’ll measure:
· Number of new prospect meetings each quarter
· Number of new opportunities handed over to Sales Directors each quarter