Piano is a fast-growing enterprise SaaS company with operations in New York City, Philadelphia, Los Angeles, Bratislava, and Izhevsk. We provide enterprise software to the world’s leading media companies, including CNBC, NBC Sports, the Economist, Condé Nast, Hearst, and Gannett. Our software enables these companies to create customized digital experiences for users, restrict and sell access to content online, and analyze user behavior in order to maximize revenue.
The Data Analyst primarily will be responsible for looking into trends and benchmarks on revenues, conversions, content consumption and user behavior over detailed and summarized data to produce actionable insights for our customers.
- Analyzing revenue and usage data for trends
- Conduct benchmark studies
- Preparing reports for existing and potential customers
- Preparing reports on general findings and trends
- Work with internal and external partners to explain findings
The ideal candidate is able to grow into more advanced topics of data science.
- Strong data analytical skills
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Proven track record writing complex SQL
- Experience in multi-dimensional analysis
- Ability to work independently in a self-organizing team
- Methodical and thorough
- Good organizational skills
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Preference for a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Fluent in English
- Insight into customer segmentation and behavioral analysis is a strong plus
- Experience with Google BigQuery
- Experience with any Business Intelligence (BI) toolset or SaaS reporting tool like Google Analytics
- Experience in the publishing industry, e-Commerce, or related