Piano is a fast-growing enterprise SaaS company with operations in Amsterdam, London, New York City, Philadelphia and elsewhere globally. We provide enterprise software to the world’s leading media companies, including NBC Universal, the Economist, Condé Nast, Techcrunch, Bloomberg, and Hearst. Our software enables these companies to create customized digital experiences for users, restrict and sell access to content online, and analyze user behavior in order to drive engagement, loyalty, and revenue.
Piano is seeking an Infrastructure DevOps Engineer who will be responsible for the set-up and maintenance of our development, test and production environments on Amazon and Google cloud platforms. This appropriate candidate will have at 1+ years experience managing a high traffic public facing application on Amazon cloud infrastructure and be accustomed to continuous integration and deployment working environments.
The Dev Ops Engineer has the following responsibilities:
● Design approach for improving overall application system health (ensuring availability and minimizing latency)
● Monitor and and maintain AWS infrastructure
● Implement architecture/approach for scaling nodes in AWS
● Maintain database and conduct mysql performance and tuning
● Debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks
The Dev Ops Engineer has the following experience:
● 1+ years maintaining AWS based infrastructure for web based application.
● MySQL experience with performance, scaling, and maintenance.
● Experience building and maintaining real-time application monitoring with experiencing troubling shooting hotspots
● Experience with Apache / Nginx.
● Direct experience setting up system-wide logging and log monitoring
● Experience with configuration management via Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
● Desire to constantly evolve and improve internal infrastructure utilizing new tools, technologies, and approaches.
● Continuous integration - preferably Jenkins with Git
And the following extras:
● Experience with Google Cloud infrastructure
● Understanding of web technologies and standards, understanding of REST API
● Experience in access management
Piano offers competitive compensation packages and benefits commensurate with experience
All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the EU and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Piano is not able to provide sponsorship for this opportunity.