Phylos is an agricultural genomics company using modern molecular genetics and computational biology to power the next generation of hemp and cannabis. Phylos provides breeding and R&D services to global partners and offers a suite of genetic services and testing solutions. We are a new generation of plant scientists, transforming the hemp and cannabis industries with unparalleled data, technology, and expertise. Phylos is strategically positioned to provide cultivators with the tools to understand the breadth of genetics in their catalog, evaluate development of additional varieties, and drive business growth.
Phylos is looking for qualified growers to join our team as a Staff Grower. The Staff Grower is responsible for all tasks of our large scale R&D cannabis cultivation environment. This includes everything from monitoring water and nutrient requirements along with growing mediums, light requirements, and temperature control, to cloning, seeding, and transplanting. The ideal candidate has knowledge of the cannabis plant and its genetics and is a self-starter with great attention to detail.
- Capable of learning complicated processes such as METRC, Oregon laws regarding cannabis production and complex research-based growing protocols.
- Help maintain and work as a team to develop the Best Practices in collaboration with the Head Grower and Director of Cultivation.
- Monitor, oversee and control all aspects of the greenhouse and grow room environments, follow plant schedules and forecast all crop needs on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Complete all documentation to meet the company standards and OLCC requirements.
- Ensure compliance with company standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, and safety.
- Implement and contribute to the improvement of the Cultivation Program.
- Propose crop improvements and act on the changes only with written approval by the Head Grower.
- Manage data collection for accuracy and ensure all tracking is compliant with government regulations.
- Supervise inventory to meet the goals of each project.
- Assist in the development and/or maintain growing protocols and nutrient regiment.
- Any other duties deemed essential as requested by the Head Grower.
- Horticulture Diploma or a degree in Biology, Agriculture, Horticulture equivalent.
- Experience with large scale commercial plant cultivation and experience in propagation.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in a growers role in Greenhouse Production, cannabis knowledge a plus.
- Must have or be able to complete application for OLCC Workers Permit.
- Knowledge of OLCC rules, regulations, and production requirements.
- Ability to learn and eventually master complex greenhouse environmental control systems.
- Knowledge of techniques and equipment for planting, growing and harvesting cannabis products for consumption (including storage/handling techniques).
- Experience operating industrialized indoor grow systems and an understanding of soil growing methods (including micronutrients, beneficial bacteria, and nutrient implementation).
- METRC certified or experience in pharmaceutical or quality assurance within a highly-regulated environment would be considered an exceptional asset.
- Strong verbal communication, leadership and managerial skills.
- Passion and ambition for excelling in a research environment focused on cannabis and hemp.
- Must be willing to work supporting multiple roles in the start-up phase of the new facility.
- Must be very organized, detail oriented, driven, and focused on the cleanliness of a brand new facility.
- Must be on-site a minimum of 5 days per week with rotating weekend schedules.
- Work is performed in both greenhouse, field and office environments.
- Must be available some weekends.
- Must be able to handle highlight and warm environments.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift 50+ lbs