Phylos is an agricultural genomics company using modern molecular genetics and computational biology to power the next generation of hemp and cannabis. Phylos provides breeding and R&D services to global partners and offers a suite of genetic services and testing solutions.
We are a new generation of plant scientists, transforming the hemp and cannabis industries with unparalleled data, technology, and expertise. Phylos is strategically positioned to provide cultivators with the tools to understand the breadth of genetics in their catalog, evaluate development of additional varieties, and drive business growth.
The Customer Success Specialist is an integral role at Phylos. You will be the primary line of communication with customers, and lead the inside sales program. Your mission will be to provide exceptional service and drive inside sales. You will need to uphold brand messaging and clearly communicate a working knowledge of the science services Phylos offers to the cannabis and Hemp industries. You will receive training (formal and informal) on our internal ecommerce software, CRM, inside sales, testing services, rudimentary biological and genetic science, and the growing cannabis and hemp industries.
- Provide clear, timely and professional responses to client questions via phone, text and email from 8am to 5pm PST
- Common inquiries include: General questions about research, details of our testing services, assistance with online accounts and purchasing, navigating the Phylos Galaxy, assistance with sample collection, media and press inquiries
- Assist with strategy development and lead implementation of an inside sales program, working with both established customers and prospects
- Manage and provide solutions to handle customer complaints. Use discretion to escalate issues to the appropriate department manager when required
- Keep records of customer interactions and all sales team meetings
- Maintain a proficient level of knowledge across all internal systems and processes including, but not limited to e-commerce, CRM, lead generation platform and telephone systems
- Assist with intake and fulfillment of samples from customers when required
- Perform varied administrative and office support tasks as needed
- College degree and/or 5+ years work experience in similar role/function preferred
- Proven inside sales experience
- Knowledge of the cannabis and hemp industries preferred
- A strong command of verbal and written English - an additional language is a plus!
- Strong empathy and a care for others. A high degree of patience is needed in this role
- Effective and pro-active organizational and time management skills. Your daily to-do list can change in an instant!
- VERY tech-savvy. We’ll train you on our systems and tools, but you should be happy and eager to learn new software, programs, and interfaces
- Ability to prioritize and integrate a proactive approach to assignments
- A willingness to wear multiple hats, be quick on your toes, and adapt to a fast-paced, growing startup in an emerging industry
- Some travel may be required