Phylos is an agricultural genomics company using modern molecular genetics and computational biology to power the next generation of hemp and cannabis. Phylos provides breeding and R&D services to global partners and offers a suite of genetic services and testing solutions.
We are a new generation of plant scientists, transforming the hemp and cannabis industries with unparalleled data, technology, and expertise. Phylos is strategically positioned to provide cultivators with the tools to understand the breadth of genetics in their catalog, evaluate development of additional varieties, and drive business growth.
The Customer Success Specialist is an integral role at Phylos. You will be the primary line of communication with customers, and a key stakeholder in the inside sales program. Your mission will be to provide exceptional service and help to drive inside sales. You will need to uphold brand messaging and clearly communicate a working knowledge of the science services Phylos offers to the cannabis and Hemp industries. You will receive training (formal and informal) on our internal ecommerce software, CRM, inside sales, testing services, rudimentary biological and genetic science, and the growing cannabis and hemp industries.
- Provide clear, timely and professional responses to client questions via phone and email from 8am to 5pm PST
- Common inquiries include: General questions about our services, assistance with online accounts and purchasing, navigating the Phylos Galaxy, assistance with sample collection and general customer support.
- Coordinate with Director of Sales & CSS to handle customer complaints.
- Keep records of customer interactions and all sales team meetings.
- Maintain a proficient level of knowledge across all internal systems and processes including, but not limited to e-commerce, CRM, lead generation platform and telephone systems.
- Perform varied administrative and office support tasks as needed.
- 3+ years work experience in similar role/function preferred
- Inside sales experience or willingness to learn.
- A strong command of verbal and written English - an additional language is a plus!
- Strong empathy and a care for others. A high degree of patience is needed in this role
- Effective and pro-active organizational and time management skills. Your daily to-do list can change in an instant!
- VERY tech-savvy. We’ll train you on our systems and tools, but you should be happy and eager to learn new software, programs, and interfaces.
- Ability to prioritize and integrate a proactive approach to assignments
- A willingness to wear multiple hats, be quick on your toes, and adapt to a fast-paced, growing startup in an emerging industry.
- Knowledge of cannabis and hemp industries preferred.
- Some travel may be required.