Phylos is an agricultural genomics company using modern molecular genetics and computational biology to power the next generation of hemp and cannabis. Phylos provides breeding and R&D services to global partners and offers a suite of genetic services and testing solutions. We are a new generation of plant scientists, transforming the hemp and cannabis industries with unparalleled data, technology, and expertise. Phylos is strategically positioned to provide cultivators with the tools to understand the breadth of genetics in their catalog, evaluate development of additional varieties, and drive business growth.
The Research Project Manager is a key member of the Research team. The Project Manager is responsible for planning, developing timelines and budgets, as well as overseeing and documenting all aspects of team projects. The Project Manager will work closely with stakeholders to make sure that the scope and direction of each project are on track and that timelines and budgets are on target. Our projects are highly collaborative within and among teams; effective communication and amazing organizational skills are critical!
- Serve as the point of contact to interface with project leads to coordinate and align activities between groups.
- Gather requirements for each project from stakeholders.
- Maintain and monitor project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets and expenditures for the data science team.
- Prepare budgets for projects.
- Create a project management calendar for fulfilling each goal and objective, which includes maintaining and updating JIRA.
- Organize, prepare for, and lead stakeholder meetings.
- Document and follow up on important actions and decisions.
- Communicate with and align the interdepartmental project leads to ensure project deadlines are met.
- Ensure projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project.
- Assess project risks and provide solutions where applicable.
- Work with team to develop and prepare reports for each project.
- BS degree in genetics/genomics, bioinformatics, plant breeding or BS degree and equivalent experience in genetics/genomics.
- Three years experience working with genetic/genomic or plant breeding data.
- Two years experience in project management. Specific training - PMP, CAPM, PMI Specialist - is a plus.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Passion for developing processes to maintain organization in projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter with a desire to be a great team player.
- Competency in use of software tools for project tracking, such as JIRA or Asana.
- Familiarity with research science project workflows.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines.
We have been honored to receive inquiries for our open position from all over the world. In order to have the best possible outcome in the hiring process, we would like to make sure that you are aware that:
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Given the current status of cannabis in the US, if you are not a US citizen, there is a possibility that this association may jeopardize the status of your VISA, and/or your ability to exit and reenter the United States. If this is a concern for you, please contact your immigration attorney regarding this potential risk prior to proceeding with your application.