Phylos is an agricultural genomics company using modern molecular genetics and computational biology to power the next generation of hemp and cannabis. Phylos provides breeding and R&D services to global partners and offers a suite of genetic services and testing solutions. We are a new generation of plant scientists, transforming the hemp and cannabis industries with unparalleled data, technology, and expertise. Phylos is strategically positioned to provide cultivators with the tools to understand the breadth of genetics in their catalog, evaluate development of additional varieties, and drive business growth.
Phylos is looking for a Senior Executive Relationship Manager (SR. ERM) to accelerate seed sales revenue performance in key territories / accounts across the US. The SR. ERM will secure, develop and support key sales distribution partner relationships through which Phylos will sell its initial genetics product: hemp seeds. As the breeding program kicks into high-gear and the product portfolio expands, the SR. ERM will work to grow and optimize channel partner penetration, sales and customer satisfaction.
- Identify distribution partners who are well positioned in their market, deliver solid technical support, and are able to provide financial terms where needed.
- Develop a strategic sales plan for sales channel partners to effectively cover assigned territories.
- Forecast revenue accurately and continuously in CRM.
- Represent and favorably position the Phylos brand by:
- Professionally evangelizing our products.
- Educating our partners/growers.
- Demonstrating both technical agronomic knowledge and customer business expertise.
- Develop expertise in the hemp industry with regards to:
- Knowledge of Phylos and competitors’ varieties.
- Harvest mechanization options.
- Sowing and cultivation approaches.
- Post-processing intake specifications.
- Overall market for end products.
- Aggressively prospect and generate new relationships within the hemp ecosystem.
- Lead the development and implementation of seed trials within territory.
- Maintain industry contacts to keep informed on trends and new product introductions and demonstrate thought leadership by speaking at conferences.
- An undergraduate degree in biosciences (or equivalent); Agronomy degree a plus.
- 7-10+ years of proven sales experience in Ag industry preferred, including seed sales, agronomy and crop production.
- Positive energy, innovative mindset, and ability to adapt while working in a fast paced and growing start-up environment in a new and explosive industry.
- Ability to form strong working relationships with diverse groups of customers and stakeholders.
- Open mindedness and willingness to adopt tactics and processes to sell new categories and products.
- Thorough understanding of consultative sales, managing channel partners, delivering forecasts, supporting customers and negotiating techniques.
- Self-discipline to consistently utilize CRM and other business software to effectively plan, communicate and document the engagement process in active accounts.
- Ability to travel approximately 50% of the time.
- Travel on farmers' time -- i.e., early morning field visits to remote locations.
May work outdoors during hot growing season weather, ability to travel by car or plane, high frequency of computer keyboarding, and high frequency of viewing a computer monitor.
This role will be field based and report to the Senior Director of Sales.