Phylos is an agricultural genomics company using modern molecular genetics and computational biology to power the next generation of hemp and cannabis. Phylos provides breeding and R&D services to global partners and offers a suite of genetic services and testing solutions. We are a new generation of plant scientists, transforming the hemp and cannabis industries with unparalleled data, technology, and expertise. Phylos is strategically positioned to provide cultivators with the tools to understand the breadth of genetics in their catalog, evaluate development of additional varieties, and drive business growth.
Phylos is seeking an inquisitive and experienced Lab Technician to join our growing team. This role plays an integral part in processing, analyzing, and documenting results from a high volume of samples. The position requires a high attention to detail, ability to work independently, and good judgment. Some routine benchwork may be needed, with the possibility for a variety of tasks and independent focus. Ability to work flexible shifts or overtime is required.
- Perform laboratory testing, sample processing, and provide support for R&D experiments in a regulated laboratory environment with minimal technical supervision.
- Assist in equipment maintenance, keep inventory records and supply ordering.
- Assist with documenting laboratory protocols and project tracking.
- Keep detailed and accurate records on all experiments carried out.
- Prepare reagents, maintain, set up and sterilize laboratory equipment.
- Participate in functional team activities including safety, housekeeping, training
- Analyze and report results of experiments to the lab manager.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Biology, Horticulture, Biochemistry, or a closely related field; required or equivalent certification/experience; or in lieu of degree, have substantially the same knowledge level through a combination of work experience and intellectual instruction.
- At least 2 years experience in a regulated, analytical or medical laboratory environment;
- Familiarity with standard operating procedures/work instructions.
- Experience with PCR/qPCR preferred.
- Must be capable of balancing multiple priorities in order to keep pace with changing demands.
- Ability to sit and stand for prolonged periods.
- Able to lift up to 25lbs minimum.
- Able to perform repetitive motions with hands and arms.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, at close proximity to others.
- Ability to understand and follow site protocols, policies and procedures with exactness.
We have been honored to receive inquiries for our positions from all over the world. In order to have the best possible outcome in the hiring process, we would like to make sure that you are aware that:
1. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
2. Given the current status of cannabis in the US, if you are not a US citizen, there is a possibility that this association may jeopardize the status of your VISA, and/or your ability to exit and reenter the United States. If this is a concern for you, please contact your immigration attorney regarding this potential risk prior to proceeding with your application.