Phylos is an agricultural genomics company using modern molecular genetics and computational biology to power the next generation of hemp and cannabis. Phylos provides breeding and R&D services to global partners and offers a suite of genetic services and testing solutions. We are a new generation of plant scientists, transforming the hemp and cannabis industries with unparalleled data, technology, and expertise. Phylos is strategically positioned to provide cultivators with the tools to understand the breadth of genetics in their catalog, evaluate development of additional varieties, and drive business growth.
Phylos is looking for an experienced and detail oriented Quality Lead to help ensure continuous improvement while adhering to company goals and regulatory compliance. The Quality Lead will work with all levels of the company and will always be involved in all aspects of Quality systems development, execution, and improvement.
- Perform analysis of products, deviations, process changes, CAPAs, technology transfers, and other metrics to identify trends and provide recommendations to Quality Management for continuous improvement.
- Draft, review, approve, and maintain controlled documents, validation plans, change controls, equipment inspections, and scientific reports as needed.
- Assist in all aspects of Quality Systems development and in program execution and enhancement.
- Provide direction and motivation to Quality Technicians as recommended by Quality Management.
- Investigate the root cause of customer complaints and initiate CAPA where appropriate.
- Lead weekly Quality team meetings and provide project updates to Quality management.
- Schedule, conduct, and analyze findings for internal audits where applicable, to ensure compliance to current SOPs, processes, and/or regulatory requirements.
- Compile monthly, quarterly, and annual metrics relating to Quality for Quality Management review.
- Assist with training programs for new employees and maintain training records.
- Design and provide recurring training on quality procedures and company best practices as needed.
- BS/BA in Biology, Agriculture, Chemistry and/or other related fields preferred.
- 3+ years of professional experience in Quality Assurance. Knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 17025, GMP, and GLP preferred.
- Ability to develop and follow protocols, policies and procedures with exactness.
- Strong communication and organizational skills with ability to work on multiple priorities at once with high attention to detail.
- Proven experience in implementing processes in collaboration with cross functional teams.
- Strong analytical and technical writing skills.
- Current experience with MS Office, Google Suite.
- Ability to sit and stand for prolonged periods.
- Ability to perform repetitive motions with hands and arms.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a self-starter demonstrating initiative with the ability to work in an independent and organized manner.
- Working knowledge of production processes, lean manufacturing and quality control techniques, 5S, Six Sigma, and Quality systems.
Other Physical Requirements: May be required to wear protective eye-wear, hearing protection, ability to travel by car or plane, high frequency of computer keyboarding, high frequency of viewing a computer monitor.
We have been honored to receive inquiries for our positions from all over the world. In order to have the best possible outcome in the hiring process, we would like to make sure that you are aware that:
1. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
2. Given the current status of cannabis in the US, if you are not a US citizen, there is a possibility that this association may jeopardize the status of your VISA, and/or your ability to exit and reenter the United States. If this is a concern for you, please contact your immigration attorney regarding this potential risk prior to proceeding with your application.