is an agricultural genomics company using modern molecular genetics and computational biology to power the next generation of hemp and cannabis. Phylos provides breeding and R&D services to global partners and offers a suite of genetic services and testing solutions. We are a new generation of plant scientists, transforming the hemp and cannabis industries with unparalleled data, technology, and expertise. Phylos is strategically positioned to provide cultivators with the tools to understand the breadth of genetics in their catalog, evaluate development of additional varieties, and drive business growth.Position Summary:
Phylos is seeking an experienced and thoughtful Senior Project Manager to work side-by-side with the VP of R&D to develop project plans and lead all-project communications across teams. The ideal candidate has a strong scientific and technical understanding of molecular biology, genetics and plant cultivation. More importantly, superior leadership, critical thinking, problem solving, and excellent verbal and written skills.Responsibilities:
- Work with project leads to assess the scope of work and clarify project goals, timelines, budgets and staffing.
- Identify and request resources, including technical and scientific resources required to execute the project from functional areas (i.e. research, testing, data analysis and cultivation).
- Lead project team kick-off meetings to review scope, timeline, risks, budget, staffing and any additional proposed activities.
- Guide a project team of technical and scientific team members to deliver against and within agreed upon timelines and budgets.
- Communicate to VP of R&D any required items that are out of scope, timeline shifts and budget/staffing adjustments relative to the original plan.
- Resolve conflict by providing proactive escalation of project issues to internal stakeholders and provides a proposed corrective course of action. Manage the response and action plan with the team to resolve conflict.
- Maintain accurate timelines using project management software such as Google Suite, MS Project, Jira and Asana.
- Partner with leadership and other project managers to implement improvements to the Project Management processes and systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline required.
- At least 2 years Biotechnology experience required.
- Minimum of 4 years experience with formal project management training, certification preferred.
- Technical and scientific knowledge in the fields of molecular biology, genetics, quality control and assurance, and cultivation.
- Knowledge of research to product life cycle through conception to implementation in a high throughput format.
- Aptitude to lead the project teams, set reasonable timelines and milestones.
- Ability to interact and communicate confidently and represent technical details when speaking with innovative thought leaders.
- Ability to answer impromptu questions and provide real-time updates.
- Superior organizational skills and efficiency at updating and maintaining multiple files in a variety of systems.
- Strategic thinker. Able to quickly identify and act on opportunities. Considers the downstream impact. Seeks to understand the why. Focuses on work that matters to the ultimate project goal(s).
- Seeks out the experience of others with the aim of better results. Flexible and easy to work with.