is an agricultural genomics company using modern molecular genetics and computational biology to power the next generation of hemp and cannabis. Phylos provides breeding and R&D services to global partners and offers a suite of genetic services and testing solutions. We are a new generation of plant scientists, transforming the hemp and cannabis industries with unparalleled data, technology, and expertise. Phylos is strategically positioned to provide cultivators with the tools to understand the breadth of genetics in their catalog, evaluate development of additional varieties, and drive business growth.Position Summary:
Phylos is seeking an experienced and knowledgeable EHS Coordinator to enable the safe and environmentally sound facility and equipment operations. In this full-time role, you will be responsible for supporting our facilities needs including the development, implementation, and administration of safety, health and environmental programs. Responsibilities will include physical tasks to support ongoing operations and maintenance. Applicants must be reliable, work well independently and be willing to fill multiple roles.
- Conduct job exposure analyses to ensure safe work environments according to EHS standards.
- Pro-actively ensure lab instruments and equipment meet performance and calibration standards, including management of maintenance agreements.
- Coordinate with Human Resources to maintain policies and procedures.
- Maintain and aide in the development of facility environmental, health and safety programs and procedures.
- Coordinate with managers as it relates to both EHS and equipment needs.
- Facilitate equipment repair and replacement as needed.
- Maintain laboratory equipment records in accordance with quality procedures.
- Maintain accurate and current list of lab equipment in asset management database.
- Assist managers in planning equipment and facilities needs as operations grow.
- Support operations with a variety of general facilities management tasks.
- Manage physical facilities and associated vendors for security, janitorial, HVAC, etc.
- Participate in all required trainings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum AA degree in science, CEU credits related to EHS.
- Competent understanding of OSHA and RCRA regulations.
- Google Docs and Microsoft Office with proficiency in Word and Excel.
- 1-2 years experience in a similar setting.
- Experience with OSHA and RCRA regulations.
- Prior experience with company SOPs and document control.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some late evenings and weekends.
- Ability to sit and stand for prolonged periods.
- Able to lift up to 35lbs minimum.
- Excellent time management, organizational skills and communication skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Good analytical/critical thinking ability.