is an agricultural genomics company using modern molecular genetics and computational biology to power the next generation of hemp and cannabis. Phylos provides breeding and R&D services to global partners and offers a suite of genetic services and testing solutions. We are a new generation of plant scientists, transforming the hemp and cannabis industries with unparalleled data, technology, and expertise. Phylos is strategically positioned to provide cultivators with the tools to understand the breadth of genetics in their catalog, evaluate development of additional varieties, and drive business growth.Position Summary:
Phylos Bioscience has an immediate opening for an EHS coordinator based in Portland, Oregon. This position will coordinate EHS in both laboratory and agriculture settings. The EHS Coordinator will be responsible for establishing and maintaining innovative EHS programs and processes that ensure compliance with regulatory agencies and industry best practices.
- Monitor and manage current Environmental, Health and Safety Regulations along with additional company requirements.
- Develop, implement, and direct safety training programs, policies, and procedures. Monitors compliance of training and record keeping.
- Conduct relevant EHS training to new hires and to departments as needed.
- Conduct and coordinate on-site inspections of facilities to audit physical conditions and safe work practices including unsafe equipment.
- Comfortable with SOPs and auditing as needed.
- Own all safety & environmental record keeping duties.
- Maintain EHS at multiple company sites.
- Recommend the purchase of safety equipment and supplies.
- Minimum AA degree in science, CEU credits related to EHS.
- Experience with OSHA and RCRA regulations.
- 1-2 years experience in a similar setting.
- Prior experience with company SOPs and document control.
- Strong knowledge of OSHA and related standards and regulations, with an emphasis in agriculture and/or laboratory work environments.
- Knowledge of Environmental regulations, standards and codes.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively in a highly interactive/energetic team environment.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.