Phylos is an agricultural genomics company using modern molecular genetics and computational biology to power the next generation of hemp and cannabis. Phylos provides breeding and R&D services to global partners and offers a suite of genetic services and testing solutions. We are a new generation of plant scientists, transforming the hemp and cannabis industries with unparalleled data, technology, and expertise. Phylos is strategically positioned to provide cultivators with the tools to understand the breadth of genetics in their catalog, evaluate development of additional varieties, and drive business growth.
Phylos is seeking temporary Lab Technicians to support our busy laboratory team during the grow season. This is an entry-level, temporary position that is critical in assisting with processing a high volume of samples according to documented SOP’s. This role requires someone who is reliable, quick and efficient, follows directions precisely, and can work under direct and frequent supervision.
- Process high volumes of samples with minimal technical supervision.
- Perform routine methods to collect, receive and process laboratory samples.
- Evaluate incoming specimen shipments for integrity, condition and accurate documentation.
- Keep detailed and accurate records on all experiments that are carried out.
- Participate in functional team activities including safety, housekeeping, training.
- Maintain laboratory equipment records in accordance with Quality procedures.
- Comply with all standard operating procedures at all times.
- General laboratory support activities such as daily restocking of laboratory supplies, cleaning, and disinfecting of lab bench areas and hoods.
- Participate in all required training.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be 21 or older to apply.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Biology, Horticulture, Biochemistry, or a closely related field required; or equivalent certification/experience; or in lieu of degree, have substantially the same knowledge level through a combination of work experience and intellectual instruction.
- 1+ year experience in a regulated, analytical or medical laboratory environment preferred.
- Familiarity with standard operating procedures/work instructions.
- Computer proficient with experience with Google Docs and Microsoft Office: Word and Excel.
- Ability to use and maintain laboratory instrumentation and equipment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some late evenings and weekends.
- Ability to sit and stand for prolonged periods.
- Able to lift up to 25lbs minimum.
- Able to perform repetitive motions with hands and arms.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, at close proximity to others.
Work is performed primarily in the laboratory (experiments) and also in business office settings. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet in office settings and moderate in other situations.
We have been honored to receive inquiries for our positions from all over the world. In order to have the best possible outcome in the hiring process, we would like to make sure that you are aware that:
1. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
2. Given the current status of cannabis in the US, if you are not a US citizen, there is a possibility that this association may jeopardize the status of your VISA, and/or your ability to exit and reenter the United States. If this is a concern for you, please contact your immigration attorney regarding this potential risk prior to proceeding with your ap