Phylos is an agricultural genomics company using modern molecular genetics and computational biology to power the next generation of hemp and cannabis. Phylos provides breeding and R&D services to global partners and offers a suite of genetic services and testing solutions. We are a new generation of plant scientists, transforming the hemp and cannabis industries with unparalleled data, technology, and expertise. Phylos is strategically positioned to provide cultivators with the tools to understand the breadth of genetics in their catalog, evaluate development of additional varieties, and drive business growth.
Phylos is seeking an experienced Product Marketing Manager to join our Marketing team. The ideal candidate has a deep, and passionate, understanding of customers and what makes them tick. They have also successfully integrated a variety of marketing and sales enablement tools in support of product development, product positioning, and product launches.
You will be the Phylos product evangelist, playing an integral role in organizing and coordinating high-visibility product marketing launches. In addition to your marketing teammates, you will regularly collaborate with various cross-functional teammates (including Sales, Operations, R&D, and Business Development) to develop value propositions and sales collateral materials that resonate with our target customers. Strong project management and leadership skills are critical for success in this role.
- Develop and drive sufficient market awareness by translating end-user needs and product features to value proposition statements that resonate with the customer.
- Work with Marketing Communications and Graphic Design to build marketing and sales collateral that support product positioning, advertising, lead generation and sales for new and existing products.
- Responsible for sales training and support as needed throughout the product life cycle.
- Partner with Sales leadership to set product adoption goals, develop execution strategies, track and analyze performance, and drive adoption.
- Follow trends in agriculture and cannabis to stay abreast of influences in the market that will impact pricing/value perception for Phylos’ target customers.
- Develop marketing KPIs related to product materials and sales enablement tools, collaborating with Marketing Communications to track success of marketing campaigns.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business related field
- 3+ years in a product marketing related role within a regulated industry (agriculture, consumer products, pharmaceuticals, cannabis)
- Ability to create impactful presentations that articulate value propositions
- Adept in Google Slides, Powerpoint, and other presentation software tools
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment, where flexibility, adaptation to change, ability to problem-solve and determination are valued and necessary attributes for success