Phylos is an agricultural genomics company using modern molecular genetics and computational biology to power the next generation of hemp and cannabis. Phylos provides breeding and R&D services to global partners and offers a suite of genetic services and testing solutions. We are a new generation of plant scientists, transforming the hemp and cannabis industries with unparalleled data, technology, and expertise. Phylos is strategically positioned to provide cultivators with the tools to understand the breadth of genetics in their catalog, evaluate development of additional varieties, and drive business growth.
Phylos is seeking a talented General Ledger Accountant to join our Finance team! This role is responsible for performing various accounting duties. The ideal candidate has excellent and accurate processing skills and is proficient in the areas of account reconciliation, problem-solving, process improvement, and financial analysis. This position requires a wide range of skills, including the processing of transactions in the general ledger system, working well with others in a team atmosphere, supporting the month end closing process, and reconciling the general ledger to sub ledgers for key areas of responsibility.
- Monthly balance sheet account reconciliations for bank accounts, inter-company accounts, prepaid and credit cards
- Expensify Administration, including system & documentation maintenance, ensuring all reports are properly reviewed & approved, and initiating employee reimbursements as required.
- Reconcile and generate journal entries from internal systems and push to accounting system. Ensure that invoices generated are properly matched up to payments.
- Manage Fixed Assets, including reconciling balance sheet accounts and ensuring proper posting of capitalized assets, post monthly depreciation, and property tax filings & compliance.
- Prepare weekly/monthly billings to partners ensuring appropriate support exists for the amounts charged.
- Payroll Support including 401K administration, journal entries & month end accruals and preparing YE reconciliations to 940/941s for R&D credit study & tax returns.
- Assist with preparation of monthly financial statements
- Assist with audits as required.
- Other projects as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in accounting or related area. Understanding of generally accepted accounting principals and terminology.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Suite and experience with Quickbooks or other accounting systems.
- Strong attention to detail and confidentiality.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to develop strong internal partnerships and contribute to a positive and collaborative work environment.
- Demonstrate adaptability, flexibility and creativity in problem-solving and be solution-oriented.
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task and manage own time. Adjust priorities, productivity, efficiency and speed based on the needs of the department.
- Ability to sit and stand for prolonged periods and perform repetitive motions (typing).
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.