Phylos is an agricultural genomics company using modern molecular genetics and computational biology to power the next generation of hemp and cannabis. Phylos provides breeding and R&D services to global partners and offers a suite of genetic services and testing solutions. We are a new generation of plant scientists, transforming the hemp and cannabis industries with unparalleled data, technology, and expertise. Phylos is strategically positioned to provide cultivators with the tools to understand the breadth of genetics in their catalog, evaluate development of additional varieties, and drive business growth.
Phylos Bioscience has an immediate opening for a highly motivated, organized Facilities Coordinator based in Portland, Oregon. This role will support the expansion of current and future facilities and will coordinate in both laboratory and agriculture settings. The Facilities Coordinator will be involved in the activities that ensure an adequate and properly functioning work environment.
- Help manage existing infrastructure and planning of facilities expansion as it relates to laboratory facilities, greenhouse facilities and indoor cultivation facilities
- Interact with internal employees on all levels to help resolve facilities-related issues and provide solutions in a timely manner.
- Request, review, and submit bids, and proposals from vendors
- Manage the service and performance of vendors
- Help create and maintain maintenance schedules and budgets
- Maintain inventory of facility assets
- Research and recommend equipment for operations
- Physically perform construction, maintenance and repairs as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned to meet the organizational/operational objective
- Minimum AA degree in science.
- 1-2 years experience in a similar setting.
- Experience in mechanical, electrical or design a plus.
- CAD or similar experience a plus.
- Experience in new construction, HVAC, electrical or similar trade.
- Understanding of basic technical aspects of facilities to include but not limited to; HVAC, irrigation/plumbing, mechanical & electrical systems.
- Experience developing and managing budgets.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively in a highly interactive team environment.
- Self-motivated; confident, energetic and flexible.
- Experience with Google Docs and Microsoft Office with proficiency in Word and Excel.
- Sit/stand for long periods of time
- May be required to Lift/Carry (50 lbs).