Phylos is an agricultural genomics company using modern molecular genetics and computational biology to power the next generation of hemp and cannabis. Phylos provides breeding and R&D services to global partners and offers a suite of genetic services and testing solutions. We are a new generation of plant scientists, transforming the hemp and cannabis industries with unparalleled data, technology, and expertise. Phylos is strategically positioned to provide cultivators with the tools to understand the breadth of genetics in their catalog, evaluate development of additional varieties, and drive business growth.
Phylos is looking for a qualified Manufacturing and Production Associate to join our growing team! The Manufacturing and Production Associate is responsible for ensuring samples and shipments are intaken accurately, packaging products and kits for shipment, shipping, and receiving packages while providing Quality and customer service in a fast-paced environment.
- Responsible for manufacturing operations such as: weighing seed, packaging, heat sealing, labeling, building kit inventory, stake and label printing, and shipping.
- Participate in packaging and shipping of materials. Verify packing slips and certifications for accuracy and maintain all aspects of outbound shipments.
- Unpack, examine and route incoming shipments, reject damaged goods, record shortages, correspond with the purchasing department to rectify damages and shortages for all inbound shipments.
- Accurately maintain, track, and build inventory of product kits and components.
- Document samples accurately utilizing our internal inventory management system.
- Assist in developing SOPs and optimizing workflows in relation to sample intake, manufacturing processes, and shipping logistics.
- Maintain the work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Work independently and proactively maintain effective communication across departments.
- High school diploma and at least 1 years of manufacturing or logistics experience.
- Basic understanding of local, state, and federal regulations for shipping.
- Ability to understand and follow protocols, policies, and procedures with exactness.
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Tech Savvy: Current experience with MS Office, Google Suite.
- Ability to sit and stand for prolonged periods.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs minimum.
- Ability to perform repetitive motions with hands and arms.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a self-starter demonstrating initiative with the ability to work in an independent and organized manner.
- Reliable transportation to get to and from post office for shipping as needed.
- DOT/IATA: How to Ship Dangerous Goods by Ground and Air certificate a plus.
Other Physical Requirements: May be required to wear protective eye-wear, hearing protection, ability to travel by car or plane, high frequency of computer keyboarding, high frequency of viewing a computer monitor.
We have been honored to receive inquiries for our positions from all over the world. In order to have the best possible outcome in the hiring process, we would like to make sure that you are aware that:
1. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
2. Given the current status of cannabis in the US, if you are not a US citizen, there is a possibility that this association may jeopardize the status of your VISA, and/or your ability to exit and reenter the United States. If this is a concern for you, please contact your immigration attorney regarding this potential risk prior to proceeding with your application.